• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PatrickinVancouver said:

Three boxes of comics were literally on their way to the dump when the owners boyfriend convinced her to instead try and sell them to me. Among them all these six WECA books, lower grade but always great to save comics from disappearing forever!  

IMG_20180929_145128.jpg

Nice save, it’s a shame when these historic and rare books are destroyed

Greetings friends from the great white north! I enjoy your many icebergs and game of puck and stick...I come bearing gifts of Canadian Baker...or is it Bakre to you?.... Mislabeled by CGC unless 8 means 7 in Canada...

Texan7canadiancgc6.jpg

Edited by szavisca

I just discovered an interesting redraw on Three Aces Vol 2 #11, turning Bulletgirl's arch nemesis The Queen of Diamonds into a stunner. The story was originally published in Bulletman # 12 and than redrawn transforming The Queen of Diamonds.

IMG_7069.JPG

BM12_001.jpg

IMG_7071.JPG

BM12_034.jpg

Edited by eccomic

4 hours ago, Fantastic Thor said:

You would think someone would come up with a better title ... simpleman ?

Simplicity is noble.

From Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Simple Man”:

"And be a simple kind of man
Oh, be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can"

From Supertramp’s “The Logical Song”:

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man

13 hours ago, MusterMark said:

Simplicity is noble.

From Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Simple Man”:

"And be a simple kind of man
Oh, be something you love and understand
Baby be a simple kind of man
Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can"

From Supertramp’s “The Logical Song”:

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man

Noble yes ..... heroic ..not sure 

1 hour ago, Fantastic Thor said:

Noble yes ..... heroic ..not sure 

Nobility is heroism at its sublime.

From "Integer Vitae":

He who is noble, kind in thought and action, 
Faithful to duty, pure, and single hearted, 
Needs not a weapon, needs not man to guard him 
Virtue defends him. 

What though he wander o'er the burning desert? 
What though he journey o'er unfriendly mountain? 
Sleeping or waking, though by death surrounded, 
Virtue defends him . 

Edited by MusterMark

:gossip:If any of you Canuck collectors are interested.

Canadian Superman 56 & 57.

Canadian Action Comics 118 & 122

Canadian Adventure Comics 126, 130 & 147

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=gadzukes&item=401647192506&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcanadian.TRS0&_nkw=canadian&_sacat=0

Hi everyone. I have read every word of this 72 page thread and I  am in awe of these books (WECA and FECA to a slightly slightly lesser degree). I’m also in awe of you folks who have assembled such amazing collections, and who are all so knowledgeable in this area of collecting.

I’m a casual comic collector of sorts, but these WECA books from Canada have thoroughly piqued my interest and I would love to get into the game; problem is that I have no idea of how or where to really start buying these gems, apart from the usual places like EBay  

I would probably not be interested in books without covers, or with missing pages, or with cut-outs, and as a newbie to this aspect of collecting, I would like to start off with some quality books that are generally affordable, as opposed to laying down big money for super rare books at this time, although that day would likely come with some experience. 

I thought I might start by buying Ivan’s book (WECA Comic Price Guide), and keep tabs on this thread to see what you folks are doing. I live in Vancouver and would love to hear your advice on how to develop myself as a WECA collector, and where I should look for books. I’m also interested in any referrals of good and affordable books that you think would be good for me to consider buying, and that you are not considering buying for your own collections. Other than that, I’m a fairly avid vinyl collector, but I would like to see if I can changes gears for a while, as this thread and these books have really struck a chord with me. I think I have two FECA books in my collection, and didn’t really even know what they were until I read this thread.

Thank-you everyone for an amazing thread and education. I cannot believe how gorgeous these WECA books are. I want to play and buy my first! Dan. 

7 hours ago, Sgt Preston said:

Hi everyone. I have read every word of this 72 page thread and I  am in awe of these books (WECA and FECA to a slightly slightly lesser degree). I’m also in awe of you folks who have assembled such amazing collections, and who are all so knowledgeable in this area of collecting.

I’m a casual comic collector of sorts, but these WECA books from Canada have thoroughly piqued my interest and I would love to get into the game; problem is that I have no idea of how or where to really start buying these gems, apart from the usual places like EBay  

I would probably not be interested in books without covers, or with missing pages, or with cut-outs, and as a newbie to this aspect of collecting, I would like to start off with some quality books that are generally affordable, as opposed to laying down big money for super rare books at this time, although that day would likely come with some experience. 

I thought I might start by buying Ivan’s book (WECA Comic Price Guide), and keep tabs on this thread to see what you folks are doing. I live in Vancouver and would love to hear your advice on how to develop myself as a WECA collector, and where I should look for books. I’m also interested in any referrals of good and affordable books that you think would be good for me to consider buying, and that you are not considering buying for your own collections. Other than that, I’m a fairly avid vinyl collector, but I would like to see if I can changes gears for a while, as this thread and these books have really struck a chord with me. I think I have two FECA books in my collection, and didn’t really even know what they were until I read this thread.

Thank-you everyone for an amazing thread and education. I cannot believe how gorgeous these WECA books are. I want to play and buy my first! Dan. 

Welcome Dan!   Nice to have you on board. 

Comiclink has been the best source the last year or two.   Sometimes they have a nice little run of books for sale, sometimes they don't, but its the only venue that's had them with anything approaching regularity.  

Buying Ivan's book is a good start, sure. 

You could also buy a little sampling of books through somebody like Stephen to get a feel for what you like, and/or buy one of the reprint volumes.  Nothing like the originals though!