• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, zzutak said:

Very cool.  (thumbsu  I picked up a nice looking copy of Lucky Coyne Comics back in 2018:

994341099_Lucky01-R.thumb.jpg.ff7eb26f9c7afd3e7ae960b458d734b0.jpg

The book has just returned home from a short vacation in Sarasota, carrying a brand new title: Highest CGC-Certified Copy.  Unfortunately, it'll be making one more round trip soon, as this is the Super Publications version rather than the Rucker Publications version.  If y'all would pay attention to my submission form, there would be no need to guess.  D-oh!  doh!

Lucky-01x1.thumb.jpg.6707a59ef184fd10c7f4e16631b04f4f.jpg

Nice

You may want to refer to my article citing the Super/Rucker error and unusual find:

IMG_0837.jpg.1c6ab7923a90baaccd93a63ffbc09b00.jpg

15 hours ago, zzutak said:

Very cool.  (thumbsu  I picked up a nice looking copy of Lucky Coyne Comics back in 2018:

994341099_Lucky01-R.thumb.jpg.ff7eb26f9c7afd3e7ae960b458d734b0.jpg

The book has just returned home from a short vacation in Sarasota, carrying a brand new title: Highest CGC-Certified Copy.  Unfortunately, it'll be making one more round trip soon, as this is the Super Publications version rather than the Rucker Publications version.  If y'all would pay attention to my submission form, there would be no need to guess.  D-oh!  doh!

Lucky-01x1.thumb.jpg.6707a59ef184fd10c7f4e16631b04f4f.jpg

Very pretty Jay!

I have a love-hate relationship with my copy. I never know where to file it. Is it a horror book? Is it a crime book? Or is it a misc GA book? It is also taller so than poses a different problem. Since the Canada title is different, I wasn’t keeping it with it’s US counterpart and would have to search to find it. Now, I keep it at the end of it’s US run. One day, I probably need to make a box of foreign comics I guess...

Anybody on the boards score those two Canada Fox Junior books a couple weeks ago on the Bay?  Being a big Feldstein GGA collector, I went what I thought was REAL deep and still lost out. Figured, I’d probably never see them again. But, at this point just have limits to what I will pay for stuff and I’m over it now. 

Besides, at the end of the day, they are just variants and reprints of the US versions that I already have nice copies of anyway. 

On 2/21/2020 at 2:41 PM, eccomic said:

A couple more in...

C26E9647-CEFE-406E-AA9F-FDC03927D3F7.jpeg

This is tops of my list,I think I told you years ago :cloud9: Neat out of register on it;neat.

2 minutes ago, Qua-Brot said:

Just got this in - is it a Canadian White? Interior is 4 color, has Nelvana (her last story). Very cool book, was excited to get it. 

Sorry about the poor picture quality - my scanner is buried under papers right now . . .

Bruhhhhh!Oh,that's so nice!Never seen a GA Mr.Monster just his copper incantation.I'd say it's a white.So sexy.

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

This is tops of my list,I think I told you years ago :cloud9: Neat out of register on it;neat.

Bruhhhhh!Oh,that's so nice!Never seen a GA Mr.Monster just his copper incantation.I'd say it's a white.So sexy.

It's actually Mr. Monster's first appearance!

Just now, Qua-Brot said:

It's actually Mr. Monster's first appearance!

I thought so! So cool. What a great score mate,well done!

@Bosco685 will probably want to see this.Remember talking about this almost a decade ago Nick?