• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2023 at 9:12 PM, Silver Surfer said:

I've owned 3 (8.5, 4.5 and a low grade copy). Aside from your book I have only ever seen another very low grade copy that was torn up. The Cap #74 is even rarer, only seen 2 copies on the market and maybe another copy that is posted on the Grandcomic database? 

Cap 74 - also a great book with a great story - one of the best of the Golden Age.

On 11/20/2023 at 11:41 AM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

Just got this one in. 

Romance Comic Album - She's  square bound and quite thick. Can find ZERO data on this book. Will report back later with what stories I can find! 

20231120_113819.jpg

What a fantastic comic!  :luhv: 

These colossal sized books were probably made up from remaindered books or leftover print stock where they were printed in Canada.

You never know what you were going to get inside and I always wondered if they put a custom cover like yours on different sets of books so each book could be unique in itself.

The timing of their release might have coincided with Nov/Dec when printing large comics during the Christmas holiday time.

That would be a great time for a kid to get a comic as a gift during the holidays AND the workers in the comic industry time off from production of new content. 

The publishers listed in the indicia of mine are :

Randall Publishers Limited, Export Publishing. Bell Features/Elhil Publishing, Anglo-American, Publications Services Ltd and Superior.

Most of these publishers were located in Toronto and the surrounding area.

I love these book because you never know what you get inside.

ChristmasGiftBookComics_nn.jpg

WF7520img4_706.jpg

WF7520img9_128.jpg

On 11/24/2023 at 10:02 PM, eccomic said:

IMG_0894.JPG

300 PAGES?!!  This pic gives a little bit of an idea of just how thick those books are.  I was an underbidder on an AUS 300 pager.  Should have gone harder.  :sorry:

On 11/25/2023 at 2:57 PM, Yorick said:

300 PAGES?!!  This pic gives a little bit of an idea of just how thick those books are.  I was an underbidder on an AUS 300 pager.  Should have gone harder.  :sorry:

They are SIX bound GA books!