• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, ecgt said:

Great looking book. I wouldn't get too hung up on the census, though. Only a few of us actually get our FECA books graded.

Most of us do not even get our WECA books slabbed either.

55 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Thanks.  How many copies are you aware of?

This is the third copy I have seen, including the one that is currently on the GCD. I think yours in in the best condition of the three.

On 25/07/2017 at 5:57 PM, eccomic said:

Voila. My Overstreet Market report in the new 47th Edition of the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide on Canadian Whites (thumbsu

For those of you who do not know, I am an Overstreet Advisor.

Knockout0001.jpg

Knockout0002.jpg

Great write-up, Stephen. I remember there being some debate about the significance of Victory when it came up for sale on CLINK. One thing that seems to be overlooked is that WECA affected much more than just comic books and actually targeted the pulp industry to a greater extent. The result was also the same. An excellent book on the subject was published in 2004: True Crime, True North: The Golden Age of Canadian Pulp Magazines by Carolyn Strange and Tina Loo. From what I understand, Dr. Strange spent a great amount of time studying Canadian pulps at the LAC. She is based in Australia now, but if anyone can shed additional light on Victory (and whether or not there are other pulps that may be significant for comic collectors) I think she would be the person to ask.

6 minutes ago, ecgt said:

Great write-up, Stephen. I remember there being some debate about the significance of Victory when it came up for sale on CLINK. One thing that seems to be overlooked is that WECA affected much more than just comic books and actually targeted the pulp industry to a greater extent. The result was also the same. An excellent book on the subject was published in 2004: True Crime, True North: The Golden Age of Canadian Pulp Magazines by Carolyn Strange and Tina Loo. From what I understand, Dr. Strange spent a great amount of time studying Canadian pulps at the LAC. She is based in Australia now, but if anyone can shed additional light on Victory (and whether or not there are other pulps that may be significant for comic collectors) I think she would be the person to ask.

Thank you for the info. (thumbsu

Recently picked up a small GA collection (20 books).  I bought it mostly for the "Phantom Witch Doctor" book that was in the pile, but also discovered this Canadian romance book as well.  It is a GCD no-show and even the US version seems a little scarce.

s-l1600.jpg