• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

On October 16, 2017 at 12:17 PM, telerites said:

Got the Lucky Coyne back in a recent submission.  Posting a copy of my Chesler sporting the same cover.  

1310171242341.jpg

0805171353561.jpg

Both editions pack a punch, cool to see them together like this. Congrats!

Just got back a couple of Signature Series books from CGC and wanted to share. Pay particular attention to the info strip on the Wow 17. I wonder if a shoddily worked label like this enhances the value of the book or not and it's probably not the first time that this automatic default to the American title has occurred with an uninformed grader or a grader asleep at the wheel.

Dime25SS.jpg

Wow17CGC.jpg

Wow 17 infostrip.jpg

1 hour ago, sarvajnatman said:

Just got back a couple of Signature Series books from CGC and wanted to share. Pay particular attention to the info strip on the Wow 17. I wonder if a shoddily worked label like this enhances the value of the book or not and it's probably not the first time that this automatic default to the American title has occurred with an uninformed grader or a grader asleep at the wheel.

Very nice :applause:

And no it is not the first time and won't be the last.  CGC will correct it at their expense including shipping if you contact them.  You will need to complete a reholder form and note it is labor error when you send it back but contact them first if you want it corrected.  Of course make sure you leave it slabbed when you return it if that is what you do.

Still very cool books and great SS.  

All came originally out of the UK with a distinctive stamp on the back cover and they were sold out of the UK originally and then listed by the buyer on Ebay Ontario for an outrageous amount. I negotiated for the books with the seller in person when he failed to realize his asking prices on Ebay accordingly. :banana: