• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

Just getting back from vacation in New Brunswick, where Tania and I stumbled upon a small collection of 9 Canadian FECA books. Three of the books are not in the GCD (I will add these to the GCD later today, so please refrain from doing so before I get a chance) and we were very happy to pick up three high grade calibre issues of The Vault of Horror (filling my desire for Canadian books and her desire for PCH). These weren't cheap, but were well worth it.

First up: Teen-Age Parade # 5 from Bell Features. The cover is a re-used splash page. It contains several Candy stories. This book is complete, but has a detached centre wrap and several pieces missing from pages.

59874893a6f7a_Teen-AgeParade5.thumb.jpg.906b9d38147b26eaa6656dd0069d1c77.jpg

The final book that has heretofore not been catalogued: Broadway Romances # 4 from Bell Features. The GCD only has issue # 1 of this series noted, so it is likely that Bell Features published at least issues 2 and 3 as well.

598749b8554d3_BroadwayRomances4.thumb.jpg.22bdd7f28c87aede11585d166bff9116.jpg

11 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Lovely books, congrats on the find.

Thanks, Dave. Certainly not as impressive as the collection you picked up last summer, but definitely a treat. Made our vacation a bit more expensive than planned lol

22 hours ago, Tbone911t said:

Over the moon today!!!!!!!! Still in a bit of shock... hard enough to find 1 of these let alone 5! All nice copies BUT kinda rusty staples. Suggestions?

scan0001.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0009.jpg

scan0007.jpg

:whatthe: Did you find these in Halifax? The Batman 59 looks like a "Wanita" book from a collection that Strange Adventures had several years ago. :gossip: I wouldn't mess around with the staples.

2 minutes ago, ecgt said:

:whatthe: Did you find these in Halifax? The Batman 59 looks like a "Wanita" book from a collection that Strange Adventures had several years ago. :gossip: I wouldn't mess around with the staples.

Is that the "banana box" collection?

Hi

Just picked this up and noticed Canadian.

How are these treated in terms of value against US editions? I am from the UK so used to pence copies being discounted - is it the same for Canadian editions?

Cheers

Mikey

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

1 hour ago, mikeyc67 said:

Hi

Just picked this up and noticed Canadian.

How are these treated in terms of value against US editions? I am from the UK so used to pence copies being discounted - is it the same for Canadian editions?

Cheers

Mikey

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

These DC's are missing a story so are most times cheaper.There's a few fellows here that actively collect the Canadian Bats,i'm sure they will pop in with more info.

here's some great info...

Edited by porcupine48