• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,827 posts in this topic

Heeling Hitler by Jack Boothe (circa 1941). Staple-bound booklet of Anti-Nazi editorial cartoons by Jack Boothe of the Vancouver Daily Province. Collection published by the city of Vancouver. The Canadian perspective on events is quite interesting for the U.S. reader -- most if not all of these were obviously drawn before the United States entered the war. The cartoons satirize not only Hitler and Mussolini, but also Goering, Goebbels, the Vichy French, Stalin, and even the isolationist stance of Charles Lindbergh.

It took me a decade to locate this book. :whatthe:

IMG_5117.JPG

$_57 (1).JPG

bbbb.JPG

Edited by eccomic

On 8/9/2017 at 6:04 PM, mikeyc67 said:

Hi

Just picked this up and noticed Canadian.

How are these treated in terms of value against US editions? I am from the UK so used to pence copies being discounted - is it the same for Canadian editions?

Cheers

Mikey

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

As already mentioned depending on what story is missing these tend to run 35-75% of US versions. Keys are the highest %. I'm currently trying to put the complete run of BM and Tecs together and need this issue. If you decide you want to move it please PM me! Thanks

On 8/12/2017 at 8:43 AM, eccomic said:

Heeling Hitler by Jack Boothe (circa 1941). Staple-bound booklet of Anti-Nazi editorial cartoons by Jack Boothe of the Vancouver Daily Province. Collection published by the city of Vancouver. The Canadian perspective on events is quite interesting for the U.S. reader -- most if not all of these were obviously drawn before the United States entered the war. The cartoons satirize not only Hitler and Mussolini, but also Goering, Goebbels, the Vichy French, Stalin, and even the isolationist stance of Charles Lindbergh.

It took me a decade to locate this book. :whatthe:

IMG_5117.JPG

$_57 (1).JPG

bbbb.JPG

Love it.  That's the Farrah Fawcett of cool Canadian books.

For those of you who get to Fan Expo Toronto, I'll be giving a talk on my upcoming book on Bell Features artists with special guest Gerald Lazare, a former Bell Features artists who will be turning 90 this month. The presentation will be in Rm. 716B at 2pm on Sunday. Gerry will be doing a signing afterward at the Chapterhouse booth for about an hour. Also I will be launching the Kickstarter for my book Heroes of the Homefront on Labour Day. If you are interested, the Kickstarter preview link is here:

The Kickstarter for my book went live on Labour Day. Please get the word out if you can. Somebody already picked up the Joke 18 I had as an incentive. I should consider putting up another Bell Book.

Here is the link to the Heroes of the Home Front Kickstarter: http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/whites-tsunami-weca-splashes/heroes-home-front-gerald-lazare/

Here also is an image I developed for the Kickstarter but rejected it in favour of the one used.

HOHKickstarterTitlePic1a.jpg