• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to CGC - First Submission, Cracked Slab

52 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Looks like you got some bubble wrap action though. :) Sounds like there can be inconsistent packaging, especially with just one slab. 

I spoke to Erin today and they’ll be making things right. Appreciate the responses!

I noticed that too, but it was odd...the bubble wrap seemed old; most of the bubbles were popped lolmaybe in transit? Either way it turned out ok...the cracked books I sent to be reholdered in September, one was a regular comic and the other was a magazine; my point being that those too will probably end up 1 book deliveries...as well. I did them through LCS. Cgc moved fast on the fast-track modern, I wonder how fast they'll go on the reholders.

1 minute ago, ExNihilo said:

Same as OP and @ADAMANTIUM - Gemini mailer, except in my case no bubble wrap.  Edges of box were largely undamaged.  I ordered Registered Mail if that makes a difference.

image.png.d9c1031802fe070b83b1d96791a42ec2.png

No cracks, I hope :wishluck:

Normally in the past CGC ships in box with bubble wrap even if 1 slab.  Never in a mailer until I got my package this week. Mailer and Slab cracked badly.  I am of course complaining. We all need to complain. No mailers -only boxes. I think shipping department is trying to cut time on packaging is my guess.

Edited by spidermanbeyond

1 hour ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Normally in the past CGC ships in box with bubble wrap even if 1 slab.  Never in a mailer until I got my package this week. Mailer and Slab cracked badly.  I am of course complaining. We all need to complain. No mailers -only boxes. I think shipping department is trying to cut time on packaging is my guess.

They even shipped single books in a box? The smallest amount I've ever received due to split shipments was 3 books and they used a lot of bubble wrap in a nice box.

15 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Same as OP and @ADAMANTIUM - Gemini mailer, except in my case no bubble wrap.  Edges of box were largely undamaged.  I ordered Registered Mail if that makes a difference.

image.png.d9c1031802fe070b83b1d96791a42ec2.png

Someone on a facebook group posted their cgc submission last night... It was 2 books in one of those mailers... Was hoping it was because they selected FedEx, but that might not be the case I guess... 

8 hours ago, Logan510 said:

They even shipped single books in a box? The smallest amount I've ever received due to split shipments was 3 books and they used a lot of bubble wrap in a nice box.

Yes.

That new single book box is shit.

The new slabs are brittle and crack easier than the last ones.

I paid $32 for shipping and handling.  Having personally sent slabs of the same (or greater value), I know to mail something USPS Priority Mail with $1000 insurance only ran me $24 ($500 insurance runs about $17).  The whole reason they push registered mail service is the $50k insurance (b/c for whatever reason their advertised Priority Mail only comes with $100 in insurance).  If a customer is going to pay extra to insure their books, then it stands to reason they're going to want the book safely packaged.  I'm not sure why CGC would think it's okay to send a book with limited protection.  Other than their pockets, where's the rest of the cost going if not for padding/protection.  (eyeroll)

was seriously disappointed in my first cracked case from CGC, back in Sept, was a Magazine-Marvel Preview 2; I don't remember the packaging exactly, don't think it was a "cardboard mailer", but it didn't have enough bubbles nor peanuts or anything really; so disappointed.

Shipping department should be sacked

Yes, before even a single Slab was shipped in a large thick box with lots of bubble wrap.  Shipping in a mailer is careless and not acceptable.  EVERYONE please let CGC know that this packaging is not acceptable.  Might as well shove it in a vanilla envelope and the same result = cracked slab (yes I have had insufficiently_thoughtful_persons on EBay do this).

Maybe it's got something to do with the book that's being shipped back to the customer, as CGC is obviously trying to cut down on their shipping costs.

Any bets that if it's a single copy of an Action 1 or 'Tec 27, even in low grade, it would have gotten the full box treatment.  For last week's copy of the latest Action or 'Tec book, you are probably lucky it was shipped with any type of protection at all.  lol

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, spidermanbeyond said:

Might as well shove it in a vanilla envelope...

Yeah, CGC!

You should be shipping in chocolate envelopes only!!!

CGC strikes again...

My first submission in a while and it did not go well. This was a 2 book reholder order and they jammed both books in this crappy gemini mailer. Both slabs arrived cracked. Unacceptable 

20171024_141148.jpg

On 21/10/2017 at 5:45 AM, Domo Arigato said:
On 19/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, spidermanbeyond said:

Might as well shove it in a vanilla envelope...

Yeah, CGC!

You should be shipping in chocolate envelopes only!!!

Nobody likes a smartarse @Domo Arigato :bigsmile:

OK, get your jokes in now....

38 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

CGC strikes again...

My first submission in a while and it did not go well. This was a 2 book reholder order and they jammed both books in this crappy gemini mailer. Both slabs arrived cracked. Unacceptable 

20171024_141148.jpg

Is this a new packing policy, or an isolated incident (maybe they ran out of boxes or something)? If the former, it's madness. 

According to one of the CGC employees on Facebook, management is aware of the issue and has implemented a "fix" to the packaging to take care of it. Sounded like they will continue using these mailers for 1 and 2 book shipments though.

I just sent 3 books in that will come back in 2 shipments. I'm nervous.

7 minutes ago, Drew Stair said:

According to one of the CGC employees on Facebook, management is aware of the issue and has implemented a "fix" to the packaging to take care of it. Sounded like they will continue using these mailers for 1 and 2 book shipments though.

I just sent 3 books in that will come back in 2 shipments. I'm nervous.

I can suggest a permanent fix that I'm sure would work. 'Pack them properly'. 

9 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

I can suggest a permanent fix that I'm sure would work. 'Pack them properly'. 

Hopefully they will make it good. What makes me mad is that people fast tracked their books and now have to wait 5 weeks for a reholder.