• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to CGC - First Submission, Cracked Slab

52 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Drew Stair said:

Hopefully they will make it good. What makes me mad is that people fast tracked their books and now have to wait 5 weeks for a reholder.

Sounds painful. Do you get a refund if you don't get the fast track service you pay for? I was planning to submit for the first time but all this negative feedback lately is putting me off. 

36 minutes ago, Drew Stair said:

According to one of the CGC employees on Facebook, management is aware of the issue and has implemented a "fix" to the packaging to take care of it. Sounded like they will continue using these mailers for 1 and 2 book shipments though.

I just sent 3 books in that will come back in 2 shipments. I'm nervous.

There is no "fix" to make this packaging safe. They need to ship slabs in a bigger box with bubble wrap. We wouldn't tolerate this kind of packaging from a seller on eBay, so why should we tolerate it from CGC?

5 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

There is no "fix" to make this packaging safe. They need to ship slabs in a bigger box with bubble wrap. We wouldn't tolerate this kind of packaging from a seller on eBay, so why should we tolerate it from CGC?

Alright!.....ALRIGHT!......Everybody calm down!........EVERYBODY CALM THE *SPOON* DOWN!!!

CGC has stated that in order to fix the packaging issue, they are going to utilize the same solution they used to fix the newton ring issue in their slabs!

Now....if they run out of pixie dust.....well, then we're all screwed!

2 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Alright!.....ALRIGHT!......Everybody calm down!........EVERYBODY CALM THE *SPOON* DOWN!!!

CGC has stated that in order to fix the packaging issue, they are going to utilize the same solution they used to fix the newton ring issue in their slabs!

Now....if they run out of pixie dust.....well, then we're all screwed!

sZblLxM.jpg.ed9078c255cceb25ffd5bbb72ac4a5e9.jpg

On 10/24/2017 at 2:42 PM, Drew Stair said:

Hopefully they will make it good. What makes me mad is that people fast tracked their books and now have to wait 5 weeks for a reholder.

CGC does reholders in about a week.

On 10/24/2017 at 3:29 PM, Marwood & I said:

I can suggest a permanent fix that I'm sure would work. 'Pack them properly'. 

Your solution seems a bit convoluted.  Would you please break it down into steps and include a schematic? 

FWIW, I had a single book shipped just this week in one of these holders that came cracked... too bad, as it was a book I had been looking forward to getting for awhile! (a Dell'Otto mail-away SS!)

Kudos to CGC though - called them up, said send pics, and no problem, it'll get re-holdered free of charge. I've got a bunch of books being reholdered already, so asked if I could get them shipped together (will be cheaper for CGC as no additional shipping cost, and assures me the books will come packed in a box). 

Hopefully CGC changes policy back to small boxes, even for single / 2-book submissions! 

14 hours ago, Drew Stair said:

Currently shows 4 weeks on the site. The 5 weeks came from the person on FB who originally complained and was told that number by CGC. *shrug*

The 4 weeks is for people mailing in their own re-holders - turnaround is about a week if CGC is doing a re-holder because of a CGC mistake (wrong label, slab damaged during shipping, etc).