• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So which reprint of amazing fantasy 15 is better to have?

17 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, rckstr1253 said:

So which reprint of amazing fantasy 15 is nicer to own?  I have the marvel milestones version but would you prefer that one in your collection or the true believers reprint?  I want to have a cgc 9.8 signed by stan lee in my collection

I would get the one that looks the most like the original.  For a CGC 9.8, Fastball is correct that the Marvel Legends is the toughest to get in 9.8 (maybe impossible?) so would probably be the most valuable.

If it's not the original, and your main driver is to have Stan signed replica, then I don't think it matters which one you go for really. Lot's to choose from though - wish I could remember which one cost me the most (I overpaid spectacularly in the early days)!

AF 15 BAGGED MME.JPG

AF 15 Car.PNG

AF 15 COLL.JPG

AF 15 GERMAN.JPG

AF 15 Hasbro.JPG

AF 15 Old Navy.JPG

AF 15 TB Green Classics.JPG

AF 15 TB.JPG

AF 15 TBC.JPG

MME AF 15.JPG

MMSH AF15.jpg

Stunt Spec AF 15 Old Navy.jpg

TBOASH Inside.jpg

2 hours ago, namisgr said:

Marvel Tales #137 is a nice option for those preferring the comic book form.

That's a good idea. 3 versions of that as I recall too.

Thanks guys.  Im torn on which i like better and which looks closest to the original in terms of cover/color looks.  The new true believers has a more accurate color scheme to the original, but that upc at the bottom and the true believers printed at the top kill it for me. 

13 hours ago, cortown71 said:

Marvel tales #1 always did it for me.closet thing to the real thing.vintage paper look and feel.i've always considered it to be the 2nd print.137 is a close second.

Here's the nabisco variant of the 137 (thumbsu

59eb3f83020f0_MT137VF.thumb.JPG.78853a4ed66a4e31eb3c6b5dc1b4e006.JPG

AF 15 is also reprinted in here - no AF15 cover but that would be a cool book to get signed:

59eb40fadf337_OOTW17.thumb.JPG.e6798139fb2f0eeea04b52a4aba7e2ae.JPG

10 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Wish i could acquire that alan class issue...no luck finding one though 

I've had a few down the years, all sold now. You could get them cheaply for a while, now it seems everyone is attuned to the contents. The last few I saw on eBay went quite high. Maybe one day @rckstr1253....

15 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Wish i could acquire that alan class issue...no luck finding one though 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401389898391

That's really cool.guess its earlier then marvel tales 1.

I figure the OP wants something authentic but what I did for display purpose was find the highest res. scan I could find and had it printed out and put a reprint behind it.I don't like any of those with the boarders on them.I thought there was either a German or Mexican reprint a while back that did an exact replica.(see the German has euro price)?