• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detached and Married Cover

13 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer about this AF15.

The label says the cover is married. My question is how would they know THIS particular cover, while detached, is not from THIS comic?

Thanks in advance.

RADEA6DC2017926_153128.jpg

It's not hard to tell. It's rare to find a cover or interior page where the staples line up exactly the same as the rest of the book that is missing such.  When marrying a cover or interior page, there are typically two choices. line the edges of the page up - and end up with the married page have extra staple holes.  Or line up the staple holes - and have the married page(s) stick out somewhere (top, bottom, sides) like a sore thumb

In the book you picture above, either the cover had been trimmed OR the cover wasn't original to the book. Because it doesn't fit. Not close. 

Edited by Tony S

On 10/19/2017 at 11:08 PM, Tony S said:

It's not hard to tell. It's rare to find a cover or interior page where the staples line up exactly the same as the rest of the book that is missing such.  When marrying a cover or interior page, there are typically two choices. line the edges of the page up - and end up with the married page have extra staple holes.  Or line up the staple holes - and have the married page(s) stick out somewhere (top, bottom, sides) like a sore thumb

In the book you picture above, either the cover had been trimmed OR the cover wasn't original to the book. Because it doesn't fit. Not close. 

+1

I was going to mention the lining up of the staples and the holes of the cover.  If those don't match, it's a dead giveaway.

Being from Houston and Texan through and through ,I accept this fine gift of good music, I admit I even sang along with it...Hold on let me get my hat... Do we  want my white Resistol "George Straight" collection or my black Stetson dress hat?

Stetson FTW.jpg