• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditko Spidey Page from issue 12 at CC

54 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2017 at 1:59 PM, glendgold said:

That is one of the five best Ditko ASM fight pages. 

On 10/23/2017 at 10:44 AM, Nexus said:

If I'm the consignor, I'd insist CC use this as a pull quote, with "GLEN GOLD" in bold.

I've never known Glen Gold to be anything less than bold, in font and in action. 

On 10/23/2017 at 8:57 AM, delekkerste said:

Some people are speculating that it's Glen's page, but they just don't know which one (Gold or Brunswick).  Not kidding about this!  

Metro told me that the consignor doesn't have anything else (which wouldn't describe either Glen)...but, maybe they just don't want me or anyone else getting too close. lol 

In any case, my guess is $110-120K. 

Not my page, but thank you anonymous folks for suspecting my moral compass bends to the left like that.  My hunch is that the owner got it when the book broke up at a con in the mid-80s.  I was looking for it for a while, and did that thing of putting post-its next to all the Ditko pages in the Omnibus that equalled it.   That's how I came up with five.  YMMV.  I can also see the argument for it being in top ten instead, if certain character moments mean more to you. 

3 hours ago, glendgold said:

Not my page, but thank you anonymous folks for suspecting my moral compass bends to the left like that.  My hunch is that the owner got it when the book broke up at a con in the mid-80s.  I was looking for it for a while, and did that thing of putting post-its next to all the Ditko pages in the Omnibus that equalled it.   That's how I came up with five.  YMMV.  I can also see the argument for it being in top ten instead, if certain character moments mean more to you. 

As you say, YMMV, and this page simply can't come close to numerous pages from the 'If This Be My Destiny' trilogy or ASM Annual #1, but this is merely my opinion.

19 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

As you say, YMMV, and this page simply can't come close to numerous pages from the 'If This Be My Destiny' trilogy or ASM Annual #1, but this is merely my opinion.

Yeah, I totally get that.  The #33 sequence is one of those things like the 1812 Overture or the Odessa Steps from POTEMKIN, but I was thinking in terms of single pages that stand alone.  I just find it hard to frame one page alone.   I think Annual 2 (where the heck did that thing go, anyway -- never seen a page to that story, and never even heard rumors about where it went) might just have the best ratio of money pages in it.  

Any tips on the ComicConnect search function?  Can I see the original art separate from the memorabilia?  So far, the best I can do is select Event Auctions, refine search, and select VF 8.0 for both Min and Max grade ranges.  This shows the OA (most of which are VF 8.0) with a few memorabilia items in that grade range. 

Also, if I select Event Auction and refine search, click "Art / Memorabilia" then any search (ie, artist = "Steve Ditko", title = "Spider-man") results in a generic page with only "An Event Auction is a coordinated and highly promoted auction..." .  :frown:

18 minutes ago, GreatEscape said:

Any tips on the ComicConnect search function?  Can I see the original art separate from the memorabilia?  So far, the best I can do is select Event Auctions, refine search, and select VF 8.0 for both Min and Max grade ranges.  This shows the OA (most of which are VF 8.0) with a few memorabilia items in that grade range. 

Also, if I select Event Auction and refine search, click "Art / Memorabilia" then any search (ie, artist = "Steve Ditko", title = "Spider-man") results in a generic page with only "An Event Auction is a coordinated and highly promoted auction..." .  :frown:

Hello there, at the moment we're working toward updating our website to make the search function even more user friendly.  Unfortunately, there is no way to separate art and memorabilia at this time. Though, if you would like to reach out to us directly, we would be very happy to assist with whatever you are looking for. We are in the office Monday through Friday, 10am to 6pm eastern time. 1-888-779-7977. -- Brandonp@ComicConnect.com

As per Felix's suggestion...

ComicConnect's comment:

Pg. 18; Steve Ditko pencils and inks; image size 12.5" x 18.5" Spider-Man in every panel. "That is one of the five best Ditko ASM fight pages." - Glen Gold

On 10/27/2017 at 7:17 PM, Bill C said:

I understand you obviously want to put a good spin on your company but that line was honestly over the top.

There is nothing user friendly at all about the CC search functions. It is literally the worst website I personally know of. That's not me trolling or exaggerating.

I tell you this as I would probably be a customer if there was a decent website. 

Raw Sewage, now even more user friendly!

On 10/27/2017 at 8:21 PM, Will_K said:

As per Felix's suggestion...

ComicConnect's comment:

Pg. 18; Steve Ditko pencils and inks; image size 12.5" x 18.5" Spider-Man in every panel. "That is one of the five best Ditko ASM fight pages." - Glen Gold

"Comicconnect is one of the five worst comic artwork websites on the internet.  Not only do they have no search function, they use comments off of internet forums without asking people's permission."  -- Glen Gold

On 10/27/2017 at 10:17 PM, Bill C said:

I understand you obviously want to put a good spin on your company but that line was honestly over the top.

There is nothing user friendly at all about the CC search functions. It is literally the worst website I personally know of. That's not me trolling or exaggerating.

I tell you this as I would probably be a customer if there was a decent website. 

Hi @Bill C Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I'll reach out to you directly to learn what specific suggestion you may have to improve our website. We are currently  working with developers to improve all facets of the buying experience via our exchange.  It is particularly valuable to learn from users who have had unfavorable experiences and is most appreciated. Cheers, -- Brandon Pierce Peck, ComicConnect. Happy Halloween! 

Edited by HandsomeVanzant
typo.

On 10/31/2017 at 10:34 AM, HandsomeVanzant said:

Hi @Bill C Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I'll reach out to you directly to learn what specific suggestion you may have to improve our website. We are currently  working with developers to improve all facets of the buying experience via our exchange.  It is particularly valuable to learn from users who have had unfavorable experiences and is most appreciated. Cheers, -- Brandon Pierce Peck, ComicConnect. Happy Halloween! 

At the very least, split out Original Art from OA/Memorabilia so OA has its own section. 

2 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

Well, the Ditko Spidey page is at 62K with 11 days left.  I'm still guessin' between 100-120K final.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Yeah, there's a lot of room left on that one for sure.