• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graders Notes

5 posts in this topic

I apologize in advance if this isn’t the appropriate place for this.

Once a submission is marked “shipped/safe” should the graders notes show up in the Invoice Comics screen? There’s a heading for it, but there doesn’t seem to be anything in the column. If they don’t show up there how do you find them for your submissions?

Oh wow. I had no idea they didn't add notes for each submission! That seems really unusual. I submitted around 11 modern books under that invoice, and none of them had any notes. I'm really happy with the grades they received (all but two were 9.8's) but was hoping for some feedback.

On 10/19/2017 at 3:02 PM, Crumb93 said:

Oh wow. I had no idea they didn't add notes for each submission! That seems really unusual. I submitted around 11 modern books under that invoice, and none of them had any notes. I'm really happy with the grades they received (all but two were 9.8's) but was hoping for some feedback.

9.8's seldom rarely have notes, 9.6's often do not have notes and as others have mentioned occasionally even a bit lower grade books don't. 

There are actually two sides to this discussion.  The competition down the street always has notes, including 9.8's.  What's the downside? I've seen many times and experienced it once in person where Voldy's high grade books don't pull the same price. Because there are grading notes listing several (tiny) flaws. Where CGC has none. So buyers look at the grading notes and think "is that really a 9.8? Look at all those flaws". 

I really don't see the need for grading notes on 9.8. The book is close to perfect.  Since 9.9's and 10's are very rare with most books having no copies graded that high, 9.8 actually represents perfect for all practical purposes. 

Your 9.8's were your feedback. You sent in perfect books