• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which books to sell as sets/single

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I have noticed that some books sell for more money as sets, some books sell for more as single books.

Some books sell easier (not nessaraly more money) as sets.

sooooo.......

Lets get a list together.

A) what sell for more money as a set

B) What sells EASIER as a set.

Let's get numbers, $ amounts, store sale or eBay, other auction sites.

I hope this doesn't get a "when does silver, copper, bronze age ends" fight started. 

I will start one of these in silver, bronze, and modern when I get the chance. If anyone wants to steal this idea and start working on the other ages....... please do. No problem.

ok ...

Let's hear what you think

I've had occasion lately to notice 2 sets in 'copper'.

Infinity Gauntlet seems to sell pretty well as a set 1-6, maybe better than breaking out individual copies.  NM ish sets have been going around $70, which seems a bit better than individual issues.  Don't know the time/$ re: moving individual issues.

MSHSW 1-12 also sell pretty well as sets.  Recent prices range about $60 - 110 (probably graded in the Fine range at the low price, and saw a 7.0 set sell around $70, and a few "NM" sets ranging from 70 to 110).  Probably if the #8 is sold separately, the lot of 1-7, 9-12 would sell slower w/o the key, which might mean you need to sell a bit lower to move it.

I've seen the bronze Marvel Presents 3-12 sets range from $30 to 60, depending somewhat on grades.  I'd guess w/o the #3 it's a pretty lame set and would be slow mover, although maybe like the #8 in MSHSW, the key issue alone is worth half the set price.

16 hours ago, HunterRose said:

Hello everyone.

I have noticed that some books sell for more money as sets, some books sell for more as single books.

sooooo.......

I hope this doesn't get a "when does silver, copper, bronze age ends" fight started. 

I will start one of these in silver, bronze, and modern when I get the chance. If anyone wants to steal this idea and start working on the other ages....... please do. No problem.

ok ...

why don't you start us off? thanks!

On 10/20/2017 at 12:29 AM, HunterRose said:

Hello everyone.

sooooo.......

ok ...

Non-keys sell better if they're in a set with keys.

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Non-keys sell better if they're in a set with keys.

You're welcome.

That's how they got me to buy the "Q" encyclopedia

How much for just 1 rib?