• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Press a Squarebound Book?? anyone suggestions?

6 posts in this topic

I have a Marvel superheroes book (the 1st Squirrel Girl one.. but its a squarebound issue.. but it has some waves in the cover that could use a pressing.. its in really good shape otherwise.. but.. since ive never done any book pressing :) typically just send books and take what i get .. Im wondering if i should try it.. or not on a few that i have that it could or would help..

But not sure if squarebound books are 'pressable' or if it messes up the squarebound.. 

56 minutes ago, comxdlr said:

I have a Marvel superheroes book (the 1st Squirrel Girl one.. but its a squarebound issue.. but it has some waves in the cover that could use a pressing.. its in really good shape otherwise.. but.. since ive never done any book pressing :) typically just send books and take what i get .. Im wondering if i should try it.. or not on a few that i have that it could or would help..

But not sure if squarebound books are 'pressable' or if it messes up the squarebound.. 

I think square bounds books that are pressed look terrible but CGC seems to overlook it. Remember, it is glue holding the cover to the pages. Heat applied to glue ? Years ago, I brought a square bound book to Matt himself at a convention and he said he does not recommend pressing a square bound books. I'm sure he has since changed his mind and others will come on here to say it's okay so use your own judgement.

On 10/21/2017 at 7:03 PM, joeypost said:

Squarebounds press nicely, if the person working on it knows what they are doing. 

Cool.. i was kind of scared to have it done.. but think it would probably bump it a whole grade/grade.5.. or so .. i figure its probably worth it.