• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these books NM?

10 posts in this topic

I bought these two books online and wasn’t sure if they would be NM with the corner issues, especially the doctor strange with the split on the spine. I’d appreciate an opinion so I can decide to return them or not. I might have to start going to a LCS so I can make sure I’m happy with the condition , but I like the convenience of shopping online.

02FE6E3F-9FEC-409C-A30C-4B76364A7BBD.jpeg

5C3284F4-F523-4322-8E50-F0D3FFBC7E24.jpeg

FDF428F7-26AE-4BEB-A09A-8D5614958BF5.jpeg

FFBD46C1-D0A3-4E03-99BC-FB87BD98DF55.jpeg

62C3E720-0EC6-4210-8AE0-191028AE750C.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Yes they are NM ... NM is not a perfect book .

Btw whats your ebay handle?

+1. NM is considered 9.0 - 10, more specifically NM- to NM+. Book can still be near mint with minor defects.

1 hour ago, jevlnuts said:

+1. NM is considered 9.0 - 10, more specifically NM- to NM+. Book can still be near mint with minor defects.

I know a NM book can have minor defects, I just wondered if these defects dropped them down to VF.

2 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

And where's the spine split? I just see slight spine defects and minor corner deffects ...

If you zoom in on the first picture, the spine is open about 1/16” wide and I can see uncolored paper.

Raw "NM" on less expensive  modern books tends to mean 9.2 and up, I'd say these probably qualify. If you want 9.6 and up raw, one probably has to carefully examine books in person, or pay extra online from someone who selects for grading potential.