• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics

6 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Claire1985 said:

Hi I'm new to this, my uncle passed away a year ago now and we have over 50 years of comic and memorabilia collections we don't know what to do can anyone give any advice on the best way to move forward with this please 

Hello @Claire1985, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. If he collected comics for 50 years, he must have been a decent fellow. It's always daunting in these situations, if you don't know much about comics. It may be that your uncle's collection has many treasures which could have significant value. Or it may be just a nice lot of comics with little commercial value. This is a great place for you to have come, as there are many decent, trustworthy dealers here and a whole host of people willing to give you good advice. So the best thing to do, is try to take some pictures of the comics or make a list so we can get a flavour of what is involved. That way you'll get the best advice. A rough idea of how many books and from what time period will always help. Books from the 50's to the 70's tend to have a much greater value than books from the 90's upwards. If your uncle was collecting for 50 years, it's likely there will be some good stuff. 

If the collection has value, I'm sure you will get a flurry of messages from people who will be interested in purchasing it. Should that occur, hold fire until you have a spread of input from different people. That way you will reduce the chance of being taken advantage of, should someone with lesser scruples come your way.

And let us know roughly where you are - I'm in England, I'm taking it you're in the USA somewhere?

Good luck!

11 minutes ago, Claire1985 said:

No I'm actually in England too ? West Yorkshire 

Sooper. London calling!

What have you got then Claire? Do you have a list or any nice pictures? 

At the moment it's in a storage container as there was too much to store at home I've spoke to her and at the moment she has got into arrears with the storage and can't get into it but once she clears her arrears I will get some pics up or at least a list together she's hit financial difficulty and well we're hopeing this may help us a little as that's what my uncle wanted I didn't know about this till I phoned her so I'm just hopeing she can pay the debt out of her pocket otherwise we could loose the whole container ☹️ I will be back as soon as I can with any info I can get I might see if she can be allowed access just for the photos then at least we know if it can be sold it will pay the debt also I hope ?