• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beckett
3 3

418 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

It's very sad. We had one heck of a community for over a decade and now this place is just kind of, different. I miss when this place was really about collecting.

Those days are gone @The Resurrection.  It's all arguing over AF15 and threads about terrorism nowadays. You could always take a look at some of my threads if you want. They're about collecting. Unfortunately though, about things only I collect. Or so it would seem. 

1 hour ago, The Resurrection said:

In half an hour. It's a shame so many great people left the boards over the years.

Should I get off your lawn? :wink:

People were complaining how much the boards sucked 8 years ago compared to the “good old days”. I do agree there appear to be more than a few churn and burn type members now, but there are also some longtime members that don’t realize they’ve overstayed their welcome 2c

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

People were complaining how much the boards sucked 8 years ago compared to the “good old days”. I do agree there appear to be more than a few churn and burn type members now, but there are also some longtime members that don’t realize they’ve overstayed their welcome 2c

Im just glad @kav @kav1 is gone 

17 minutes ago, joeypost said:

If you ask me, the wrong people have left the boards. 

The water cooler is still full of cliques of long term members with high post counts that will hump the button on just about anyone they do not agree with

venture at your own risk on the wrong side of the politically motivated "warming" thread for example......

1 hour ago, The Resurrection said:

It's very sad. We had one heck of a community for over a decade and now this place is just kind of, different. I miss when this place was really about collecting.

It is different and for better or worse it's been changing for years. 

The changes reflect what's going on in the hobby.   Hot books; keys; great flips; cold books; improvable books; crack and resubmit; money; more money.  

I think it's still the best place online to talk about comics and there are still a lot of great boardies but yes, it's changed.

8 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

It is different and for better or worse it's been changing for years. 

The changes reflect what's going on in the hobby.   Hot books; keys; great flips; cold books; improvable books; crack and resubmit; money; more money.  

I think it's still the best place online to talk about comics and there are still a lot of great boardies but yes, it's changed.

Thats what bugs me I think. Everyone is money hungry, and collecting is an afterthought.

58 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Not sure if youre directing that at me. But no, there was a hell of alot more comradere than there is now. I'm not calling it "the good old days" I am stating that most of the new members are not here to "collect" comics. 

21 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

The water cooler is still full of cliques of long term members with high post counts that will hump the button on just about anyone they do not agree with

venture at your own risk on the wrong side of the politically motivated "warming" thread for example......

Actually, my thread isn't politically motivated.      I see you have started trolling me in other threads, too.  lol

2 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Those days are gone @The Resurrection.  It's all arguing over AF15 and threads about terrorism nowadays. You could always take a look at some of my threads if you want. They're about collecting. Unfortunately though, about things only I collect. Or so it would seem. 

I am over 10 years of not giving a damn about AF 15. 

3 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Not sure if youre directing that at me. But no, there was a hell of alot more comradere than there is now. I'm not calling it "the good old days" I am stating that most of the new members are not here to "collect" comics. 

It wasn’t directed at you.

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Thats what bugs me I think. Everyone is money hungry, and collecting is an afterthought.

Absolutely, the hobby has changed and that's reflected here and everywhere else.

But there are still a lot of wonderful people here, some long time members and some new guys.   The glass is half empty but to me it's still worth drinking from.

7 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

There is amazing comradere still in the GA threads !!!!!