• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beckett
3 3

418 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

I have certainly been involved in worse here. Believe me, this is not exactly a distinguished group of business professionals, there are plenty of cry babies. But it never hurts to try and improve the atmosphere.

Touché.

-J.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:12 PM, 1950's war comics said:

This has been discussed many times before... i had no problem with the TAT's the way they were... i knew going in how long a submission would take and planned accordingly

three months or so IS NOT a long time ... i wish that it were...but alas ,,,, three months flies by and is but a blip in the time radar 

Three months? I recall five on moderns.  But maybe your just younger than some of us.  I might not be here three months from now....

6 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
7 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I prefer Buttercup over Butternut squash. 

Butterfinger. :sumo:

Pervert.

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Listen up everyone. Don't even think you are going to defeat Jaydog. He has already demonstrated he is the ultimate Virgo by outlasting Roy (Vintage).   

lollollol

Why did my comment show up as hidden?  Let me try it again.

Can anyone explain to me the argument that Vol slabs would be collapsing in price just because of the sale of the company?  If Vold folded up shop tomorrow would the price of their slabbed books come crashing down?  I don't think so unless fraud was the reason for the company collapse.  The books were graded by a legitimate grading company and I can't see how the future of the company would effect the prices of books encapsulated in the past.  To broaden the argument - would CGC prices collapse if they went away tomorrow?  Maybe in 10 - 20 years when buyers would have never heard of the company but wouldn't it take awhile for that to occur?

Edited by 1Cool

15 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Can anyone explain to me the argument that Vol slabs would be collapsing in price just because of the sale of the company?  If Vold folded up shop tomorrow would the price of their slabbed books come crashing down?  I don't think so unless fraud was the reason for the company collapse.  The books were graded by a legitimate grading company and I can't see how the future of the company would effect the prices of books encapsulated in the past.  To broaden the argument - would CGC prices collapse if they went away tomorrow?  Maybe in 10 - 20 years when buyers would have never heard of the company but wouldn't it take awhile for that to occur?

Maybe.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Can anyone explain to me the argument that Vol slabs would be collapsing in price just because of the sale of the company? 

Of course not, because the notion is preposterous.

I doubt that the Voldy slabs are collapsing.  They have always tended to sell slightly under CGC slabs, but a big dip seems unlikely. Any time a company changes hands people get nervous, but not bad enough to sell or crack everything.

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

Of course not, because the notion is preposterous.

Even if they were falling, there would be a pretty high floor for the price cuts. 

The market is hot right now, and it wouldn't take much of a percentage discount before dealers and quasi-dealers stepped in to price enforce and take advantage of cracking/resub to CGC arbitrage opportunities. 

On 11/1/2017 at 3:38 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I don't know.  Why don't you tell me why we have to say "voldy" instead of the real company name.  hm

-J.

CBCS :gossip: 

CBCS :sumo: 

CBCS :acclaim:

..... :fear: