• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warrens! Some very high grade Frazetta covers and more! Now 20% Off! Update on page 2.
3 3

38 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I'm selling a few more books, still raising money for my business.  I meant to do this a couple of weeks ago but things got busy.  Usual rules apply:  No HoS or probation buyers, payment via PayPal, shipping via USPS priority for $11 in the Continental US, returns accepted within 14 days, first :takeit:in the thread wins.

Feel free to pm with reasonable offers.  I tend to be pretty generous with package deals.

Edited by Randall Dowling

First book- Creepy #6, 8.5-9.0 beautiful supple magazine with an incredibly tough black cover.  People who have collected these mags know how tough some of these can be.  This copy has just a little bit of surface wear from stacking at the spine.  Very tough to find copies without it.  Otherwise, a few very minor other defects are what keep it from grading higher.  Otherwise, it's a very tight copy.  Gorgeous Frazetta cover, awesome stories and art inside.  $78

Warren_01.jpg

Creepy #11, Former CGC 9.6 with OW/W pages.  Another classic cover of the tightest copy I've ever owned.  Not much more to say, I cracked it out and it's every bit a 9.6 or more.  Glossy, flat, crisp corners, the whole deal.  Oh yeah, and it's another wonderful Frazetta cover.  A 9.0 sold on eBay recently for $99.  There's an 9.8 out there for $825.  This copy is $248.

Warren_02.jpg

Warren_03.jpg

Creepy #27, 9.2-9.4.  This is a beautiful flat, raw copy.  Glossy with full color, looks pretty fresh.  I don't think too many on the stands looked like this copy.  The cover artist is a relatively obscure talent by the name of Frank Frazetta.  There's a 9.4 on the 'bay for $142.  This copy is $77.  SOLD

Warren_04.jpg

Creepy #57, 8.0-8.5.  Here is perhaps my vote for all time classic Creepy cover.  This baby has it all.  So much, in fact, that it's hard to wrap your head around what you're looking at.  This copy has a couple of spine breaks and assorted other minor flaws but still is tight and clean.  Another very tough book in high grade.  A copy sold on eBay for $51 and I think this copy is every bit of that one.  This one is $42.  SOLD

Warren_06.jpg

Creepy #85, 9.4.  This is like new, glossy and fresh.  Crisp corners and exceptional flatness make this a premium copy of this book.  Cover is by the often underrated Ken Kelly and one of my favorites of this time period for Creepy.  Another classic.  $40  SOLD

Warren_07.jpg

Creepy #90, 9.2.  Another beautiful glossy black cover that is challenging in high grade (for obvious reasons).  Pretty stunning for a book that's 40 years old!  Cover is disturbing and funny at the same time for reasons I can't properly explain.  I feel certain that in the next few years, certain books will emerge as the classic covers of these runs and I think this is one of them.  This is a better copy than anything showing on eBay right now (or recently).  It's yours for $27  SOLD

Warren_08.jpg

Creepy #95, 9.4.  Everyone of these are super cool and this one is no different.  Tight and crisp, feels as fresh as the day it came out.  A great copy of another cool cover by the man, Don Maitz.  Imagine you were a fan of Planet of the Apes and saw this book on the stands back in the 70's.  Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.  Grab the nice high grade copies of these books while their available because they're drying up.  $20

Warren_09.jpg

Creepy 1969 Yearbook, 7.5-8.0.  These yearbooks are getting to be pretty tough in high grade.  This is a nice looking copy with excellent gloss and color.  Just a little spine wear.  These things are all over the place for price.  I'm asking $30 for this copy.   SOLD

Warren_12.jpg

That's all the Creepys.  I should note that virtually every book in this thread that's not a 9.4+, I purchased as 1 or 2 full grades higher.  Clearly some would grade these differently but I'm trying to be conservative.

Taking a short break and then moving on to Eerie.  Feel free to pm with offers.

I bought possibly the favorite book in my collection from this guy..... he's a tight grader and an expert packer..... you Mag guys should jump on these. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words!  I wish more people would look inside these mags.  I was just looking at Eerie 11 and it's got art by (brace yourself!):  Joe Orlando, Jeff Jones, Wally Wood, Johnny Craig, Gene Colan, Jerry Grandenetti, Tom Sutton, and more.  Just amazing stuff!  If you think ECs are awesome, check out the early Warrens!

Eerie 11, 8.0.  Nice tight glossy copy with one of the coolest early covers of the run (not counting Frazetta covers).  It has a few spine creases but color and gloss are fresh and the pages are white.  The ideal copy to have for presentability that you can read it without fear of losing hundreds of dollars!  $29  SOLD

Warren_10.jpg

6 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

Eerie 11, 8.0.  Nice tight glossy copy with one of the coolest early covers of the run (not counting Frazetta covers).  It has a few spine creases but color and gloss are fresh and the pages are white.  The ideal copy to have for presentability that you can read it without fear of losing hundreds of dollars!  $29

Warren_10.jpg

:takeit: