The "Newsstand Edition" Phenomenon
4 4

323 posts in this topic

22,221 posts
20 minutes ago, shadroch said:

:headbang:

Define "fun".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for your continued patience with this thread.  I have now lost as possible mediator the particular anonymous handle I thought I had identified as being both interested  in acting as one, and capable  of doing so by their stated off-the-board contact with RMA.  As communicated earlier, and I will repeat now, the good faith offer previously stated surrounding the person known to you here as the handle RMA, is one that I am only willing to entertain navigating with a mediator involved.  For conflict resolution situations such as this, a mediator is absolutely critical, and non-negotiable for me.

I please ask that if another handle here is willing to step forward to volunteer as mediator, to please make yourself known.  Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

- Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41,839 posts

 Arguing with a stone wall does nothing but make you appear as dense as the wall. There is a reason why RMA is the active leader in strikes and suspensions. 

It's not because the Mods abuse him.  There are far worse things in life than being  insulted by anonymous people.  Wear his insults as a badge of honor and go out and take your dog for a walk. 

Edited by shadroch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 posts
9 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Arguing with a stone wall does nothing but make you appear as dense as the wall. There is a reason why RMA is the active leader in strikes and suspensions.  It's not because the Mods abuse him.  There are far worse things in life than being  insulted by anonymous people.  Wear his insults as a badge of honor and go out and take your dog for a walk. 

I 100% agree with you.  Please understand that part of my purpose is to append the public record.  All of those here watching Movie #2 already know what will happen next, I just need it to happen so that it is established here and permanently affixed to the thread.

- Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,706 posts
14 minutes ago, xcomic said:

Hello everyone, thanks for your continued patience with this thread.  I have now lost as possible mediator the particular anonymous handle I thought I had identified as being both interested  in acting as one, and capable  of doing so by their stated off-the-board contact with RMA.  As communicated earlier, and I will repeat now, the good faith offer previously stated surrounding the person known to you here as the handle RMA, is one that I am only willing to entertain navigating with a mediator involved.  For conflict resolution situations such as this, a mediator is absolutely critical, and non-negotiable for me.

I please ask that if another handle here is willing to step forward to volunteer as mediator, to please make yourself known.  Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

- Ben

I admit to not knowing all the facts here, but what is the general purpose of the mediation?  And why would anyone agree to do it?  What is the ultimate preferred outcome by either side?  Is money or some other service or thing value owed to someone?  What would a compromise look like?  Have both sides agreed to arbitrate through a mediator?

From what I understand, RMA either thinks you and/or your sources are wrong and your facts don't have enough support, to the point where you're being disingenuous or outright lying.  You believe that your sources and facts have enough support, and that you are at worst still operating in good faith.  Can't you just state your case here (or a separate thread preferably) in as clearly and concisely and OBJECTIVELY as possible, and let RMA read it on his own time?  And if he still wants to take it up with you he can present his own case in the same way?  And then if either side can be swayed then they will be.  If not, then no.  Why would this require some type of arbitration or mediation?  And again why would someone want to do it?  What do they get out of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,789 posts

I'm holding open auditions for the roles of yutz and puts-but with a z not an s in this 'debate'.  Anyone? 

Edited by mrwoogieman
puts with a z is not allowed apparently - eyeroll emoji goes here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,706 posts
Just now, comix4fun said:
3 minutes ago, revat said:

I admit to not knowing all the facts here, but what is the general purpose of the mediation?  And why would anyone agree to do it?  What is the ultimate preferred outcome by either side?  Is money or some other service or thing value owed to someone?  What would a compromise look like?  Have both sides agreed to arbitrate through a mediator?

From what I understand, RMA either thinks you and/or your sources are wrong and your facts don't have enough support, to the point where you're being disingenuous or outright lying.  You believe that your sources and facts have enough support, and that you are at worst still operating in good faith.  Can't you just state your case here (or a separate thread preferably) in as clearly and concisely and OBJECTIVELY as possible, and let RMA read it on his own time?  And if he still wants to take it up with you he can present his own case in the same way?  And then if either side can be swayed then they will be.  If not, then no.  Why would this require some type of arbitration or mediation?  And again why would someone want to do it?  What do they get out of it?

That's a reasonable, erudite, well thought out, intelligent and cogent post. 

I nominate you for mediator!

Congratulations. 

Actually, I would be honored to do it.  I generally consider myself to be fair-minded, logical, and objective to the point where my family questions my loyalties to them.

 I think $350 USD an appropriate fee for my time.  I even promise to donate less than 1% of the fee to charity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,505 posts
2 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

I'm holding open auditions for the roles of yutz and in this 'debate'.  Anyone? 

I'll audition,but don't give me the role,okay?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,124 posts

Sign up today! See the movie of the century! 

See the movie you didn't know you wanted!

Act now and will double your offer!

 

 

 

:jokealert:

 

giphy.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 posts
1 minute ago, revat said:

Actually, I would be honored to do it.  I generally consider myself to be fair-minded, logical, and objective to the point where my family questions my loyalties to them.  I think $350 USD an appropriate fee for my time.  I even promise to donate less than 1% of the fee to charity.

Would you instead be willing to perform the role as a public service, or is your fee non-negotiable?

- Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,789 posts
8 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
11 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

I'm holding open auditions for the roles of yutz and in this 'debate'.  Anyone? 

I'll audition,but don't give me the role,okay?

 

Aren't you already "Canada's Sweetheart"?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,505 posts
4 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Aren't you already "Canada's Sweetheart"?

 

That's why I can't accept the role.But I figured my name being  attached may help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59,393 posts
8 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Aren't you already "Canada's Sweetheart"?

 

:sumo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,789 posts
4 minutes ago, greggy said:
13 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Aren't you already "Canada's Sweetheart"?

 

:sumo:

What kind of sweetheart starts using online apps to suddenly start beating their betters in Nerds with Friends??!

 

:cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59,393 posts
4 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

What kind of sweetheart starts using online apps to suddenly start beating their betters in Nerds with Friends??!

 

:cry:

:baiting:

Like I've never won before.

Do I look like Frank?

Jackazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,706 posts
2 minutes ago, xcomic said:
10 minutes ago, revat said:

Actually, I would be honored to do it.  I generally consider myself to be fair-minded, logical, and objective to the point where my family questions my loyalties to them.  I think $350 USD an appropriate fee for my time.  I even promise to donate less than 1% of the fee to charity.

Would you instead be willing to perform the role as a public service, or is your fee non-negotiable?

- Ben

Forgive me, but I'm still not clear on what mediation or mediator would be trying to achieve. 

Would your ultimate goal be to have some fair (and ultra-handsome) stranger tell other (regular-looking) strangers that some other internet stranger unfairly besmirched your honor? Or is your goal to change RMA's mind (because for better or worse that ship has sailed, if you had evidence that could have swayed him, I'm sure you would have presented it by now). 

And what would RMA's goal be in participating in this type of situation, other than giving him another chance to argue (which he admittedly loves, which I mean in more a factual rather than pejorative way)?  Would he hope I agree with him (why would he care what I think?)?  Would he hope to get you to admit to having less than pure motives or get you to question your sources (which I don't think you'll do either way)?  I think you've critically thought about your posts, and believe they're reasonable enough based on the available evidence.  And whether that's wrong or right, you probably believe you are posting in good faith, and while your sources might be impeachable to some extent, you believe that doesn't automatically make your assertions wrong, barring direct and supportable evidence to the contrary.

And you mentioned public service?  What does the 'public' gain?  If the ruling is in RMA's favor, he will likely level up to Super Saiyan Blue in terms of dogged stubbornness, which while generally well-intentioned by RMA, is not necessarily in the general public interest.  If ruled in your favor, the public has no more reason to trust the ruling of an internet stranger (however handsome), and will likely review the facts themselves and make their own decision, which to be honest has probably already been made by anyone who cares enough to have read through this thread.

And now most importantly, what does the mediator get out of it?  There will be know laurels thrown from the rafters, no poems about his bravery, no extra fish tacos. 

With that being said, I'd do it for $300.  Split the fee however you like.  You can schedule it for veterans day, I don't have to work.

 

BUT I think I'd be better if you just ran another thread and hashed it out publicly with RMA with your best possible case and facts and most importantly....show evidence.  You both agree in advance of course to be completely civil in the thread.  Then after enough back and forth, make a poll in the thread, and let the people decide (did I just cost myself $300?).  This if and only if this means this much to you.  Because I think most people who care enough to read have already made up their minds one way or the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,850 posts
22 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

That's why I can't accept the role.But I figured my name being  attached may help?

If they need someone to say "boobs" and contribute little else, they'll call you :baiting:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,505 posts
1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

If they need someone to say "boobs" and contribute little else, they'll call you :baiting:

No boobs for you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,860 posts
53 minutes ago, shadroch said:

 Arguing with a stone wall does nothing but make you appear as dense as the wall. There is a reason why RMA is the active leader in strikes and suspensions.

Yeah, because a handful of people here can't handle somebody questioning them or posts that are longer than a sentence. Most of the time when RMA got strikes he wasn't alone, at least before he was labelled as a troublemaker for some reason. But since the other parties involved were often different, nobody has a record equal to RMA's.

I've disagreed with RMA on multiple occasions and none of those incidents resulted in moderator action for either of us. Strange. hm

53 minutes ago, shadroch said:

It's not because the Mods abuse him. 

Yes, it mostly is. Not that he's perfect and has never deserved moderator action, but it's unfortunate that some supposed adults here can't handle words that are within the rules.

53 minutes ago, shadroch said:

There are far worse things in life than being  insulted by anonymous people.  Wear his insults as a badge of honor and go out and take your dog for a walk. 

(shrug)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4