• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sales "pending" at CLINK

23 posts in this topic

I find this a bit frustrating as well.

I believe CL likes to keep SOLD books on their website as long as possible (perhaps with the "sale pending" logo), so that other people can see that CL is a good place for sellers to try and sell their books.  Like when a real estate agent puts the SOLD sign on the sign out in front of a house they sold.

If a book is marked as "sale pending", I believe that means an offer has been made and accepted by the seller.  Thus those books are really not available for purchase.

That is just my thoughts and experience.  If someone else has other insight, please share....

I think they leave them that way for historical/marketing purposes. I see several books I won in the past few auctions still listed as "Sales Pending" and those books are already safely in my vault.

-bc

7 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I just purchased a book from Comiconnect and its already at GPA , those sales pending books at comiclink are still not reflecting on GPA, maybe they are under a partial payment plan?

CLINK doesn't  report sales to GPA

Edited by TheWatcher
Spelling

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

I find this a bit frustrating as well.

I believe CL likes to keep SOLD books on their website as long as possible (perhaps with the "sale pending" logo), so that other people can see that CL is a good place for sellers to try and sell their books.  Like when a real estate agent puts the SOLD sign on the sign out in front of a house they sold.

If a book is marked as "sale pending", I believe that means an offer has been made and accepted by the seller.  Thus those books are really not available for purchase.

That is just my thoughts and experience.  If someone else has other insight, please share....

My D copy of Superman 2 said sale pending after I bought the book and had it for years on CL.

Buying books on ComicLink exchange is frustrating to say the least.  They never seem to remove the sold books and half the time the book isn't even available when you go to buy it.  Their auctions are nice to buy from but I don't even bother looking at the Excahnge any more.

Most of the sale pending books are auction books that are awaiting payment.  Even after payment is received,  the books show sale pending a really long time.

The Exchange is frustrating at best, since in the early days, the availability was not regularly updated.   I was zero for five at one point. 

I spoke to Douglas Gillock personally at NYCC about a book that I was interested on the Exchange and ended up buying it.

There's a lot of things that irritate me about their auctions.  A bunch of their listings state that something is "very rare in high grade," but the copy they're selling is a 1.0.  That would be like me selling a pair of red shoes, and telling you that the blue shoes are incredibly rare.  Who cares, that's not what you're selling?

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Buying books on ComicLink exchange is frustrating to say the least.  They never seem to remove the sold books and half the time the book isn't even available when you go to buy it.  Their auctions are nice to buy from but I don't even bother looking at the Excahnge any more.

I had that happen on Comicconnect, too, though. I won items in an auction so I put an offer on a book. I never got a rejection message, the listing and my offer just disappeared at some point.

Edited by Greenlake

About a year ago I purchased numerous books off a fellow board member.  A long time afterward (maybe a few months) I noticed that the books were all listed on CL.  They were not marked "sale pending" or anything, they still showed to be for sale, LONG after I had paid for and received them.  I don't know it this was the fault of CL or the board member (who maybe failed to notify CL), so I don't want to speculate.

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

About a year ago I purchased numerous books off a fellow board member.  A long time afterward (maybe a few months) I noticed that the books were all listed on CL.  They were not marked "sale pending" or anything, they still showed to be for sale, LONG after I had paid for and received them.  I don't know it this was the fault of CL or the board member (who maybe failed to notify CL), so I don't want to speculate.

Probably the fault of the board member.  I think CLink let's you list stuff on the exchange indefinitely until you take it down yourself.  Not much else they can do since they only know that the book sold if it sells through them.  

5 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

There's a lot of things that irritate me about their auctions.  A bunch of their listings state that something is "very rare in high grade," but the copy they're selling is a 1.0.  That would be like me selling a pair of red shoes, and telling you that the blue shoes are incredibly rare.  Who cares, that's not what you're selling?

Some of that comes from recycling the descriptions from previous auctions of that issue.  I've seen similar things where they say something like, "Tied for highest graded with one other 9.2" and the book up for auction is a 6.0.  I guess with their auctioning a lot of books every month they feel obliged to recycle descriptions and sometimes fail to edit them. 

Worldwide is also big on "Sale Pending."  I think that tag can still be on books months after they've been paid for and received by the buyer.  Just a way to keep books on their site that make the site look more attractive, I guess.

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Some of that comes from recycling the descriptions from previous auctions of that issue.  I've seen similar things where they say something like, "Tied for highest graded with one other 9.2" and the book up for auction is a 6.0.  I guess with their auctioning a lot of books every month they feel obliged to recycle descriptions and sometimes fail to edit them. 

I agree that at times descriptions on various auction sites do get "recycled".

At other times people just make mistakes.  We are all human and capable of making mistakes.  I MAKE LOTS OF THEM!

I remember another BIG auction site auctioning off an 8.5 copy of a book and listing it as "Highest Graded".  I notified them that I owned (and had owned for some time) the "Highest Graded", which was (and still is) a 9.0.  I "suggested" they change their description, so that someone would not buy it thinking they were purchasing the "highest graded" when they were not.

36 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Worldwide is also big on "Sale Pending."  I think that tag can still be on books months after they've been paid for and received by the buyer.  Just a way to keep books on their site that make the site look more attractive, I guess.

The nice thing about Worldwide is that under their advanced search function, there's a For Sale Only tab that clears those particular books from the listings.  Whereas for Clink, the same book that I won at auction two years ago that was either: lost in the facility, sent to someone else, or never sent in by the seller (the excuse kept changing) has been listed ever since I won the auction.  The replacement book that I won at the next auction, just recently dropped off the exchange after 18 months.

11 hours ago, Hudson said:

I guess this would only apply for their Exchange listed books.

If you go back into their website and try to find the books which went through their auctions, they are pretty much instantly gone once the auction is over.  No chance to search their auction history or even to find any paper trail at all which you can do for Heritage through their auction archives or somewhat clumsily with CC through their auction emails.