• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 CGC 9.8 damaged inside the slab, should i keep it?

72 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, AnkurJ said:

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, Foolkiller said:

When you shipped it back did comic connect agree to actually take it back?  Or did you ship it just asking for a refund.  

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:19 AM, Pontoon said:

:popcorn:

x2

Hit and run poster, I guess.

3 hours ago, namisgr said:

Hit and run poster, I guess.

Maybe he was a chit disturber.  We never did see the front cover or the label. :o

Exhibit A...

he started a thread about buying a 9.8 on the 19th...

Then this thread 6 days later...

whats the turnaround for comicconnect...

I bought my GSX1 from comiclink it took two weeks to process... his post here looks like he shot a offer on EBay...

Plus the fact he never showed the front of the book...

book has a left corner ding as well... maybe he's looking to buy a low grade copy off eBay and press it into a 9.8 wants to see our thoughts...

Conspiracy?!?

IMG_5216.PNG

Edited by story cover & art by...

Reading back over the thread this book is questionable.  There is no reason to hide the front of the book, and only the poste rs word it is a 9.8.  Any honest forum regular knows pictures are a must. On the back he goes out of his way to show no label at all.  Can we even be sure that is a CGC slab?

I can't imagine how that much damage would occur in a slab. Shaken comic does happen, but I have not seen it that bad along an edge.  That book was dropped before slabbing.

Edited by drotto

26 minutes ago, drotto said:

Reading back over the thread this book is questionable.  There is no reason to hide the front of the book, and only the poste rs word it is a 9.8.  Any honest forum regular knows pictures are a must. On the back he goes out of his way to show no label at all.  Can we even be sure that is a CGC slab?

I can't imagine how that much damage would occur in a slab. Shaken comic does happen, but I have not seen it that bad along an edge.  That book was dropped before slabbing.

I totally agree with you, however, this guy is a newbie. Maybe he didn't realize the level of scrutiny he would receive. It is strange though. He never came back either.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:06 AM, AnkurJ said:

x2

On 10/31/2017 at 2:03 PM, Randall Ries said:

6bsCZvw.jpg

On 10/31/2017 at 7:19 AM, Pontoon said:

:popcorn:

Hi, sorry for the delay response. I sent it back and Vincent agreed that the book is damaged and that he will fully refund me. Still waiting on the check.

20 minutes ago, zoom625 said:

This is the front cover for ppl who wanted to see it

IMG_5964.JPG

But you never answered Foolkiller's question:

"When you shipped it back did comic connect agree to actually take it back?  Or did you ship it just asking for a refund?"

Edited by Dick Pontoon

2 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

But you never answered Foolkiller's question:

"When you shipped it back did comic connect agree to actually take it back?  Or did you ship it just asking for a refund?"

I emailed Vincent with pictures and he told me to send it back. I mailed it out the same day by priority overnight. Btw I don't think they will refund me for the shipping :(

3 hours ago, zoom625 said:

I emailed Vincent with pictures and he told me to send it back. I mailed it out the same day by priority overnight. Btw I don't think they will refund me for the shipping :(

Well if it was within their return policy they really had no other choice but to do that. I would love to know if they sold the book knowing that it had such a defect. :whistle:

Edited by Silver Surfer

8 hours ago, zoom625 said:

Nothing of the magnitude of this book but I just had a similar experience with a book won from Heritage. They sent me a Fedex 'billable stamp' to use when mailing the book back. I didn't even have to ask. They also refunded me the next day after receiving the return. I am really impressed with the service of Heritage.