• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIY restoration: do you fix...
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, 

I have a piece of art that had a bit of a rough journey in getting to me (it didn't like the flimsy cardboard envelope it was slipped in to).  :sick:

It's got some creases as a result, but not horrific ones, and they're mostly visible from the back.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with them?  It's india ink, hand lettered (no glued on balloons).  I don't think weight will be enough to resolve it.  A towel and then a medium heat iron?  Something else?

Thanks for any suggestions that come my way.

Simon

16 minutes ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

Hi Folks, 

I have a piece of art that had a bit of a rough journey in getting to me (it didn't like the flimsy cardboard envelope it was slipped in to).  :sick:

It's got some creases as a result, but not horrific ones, and they're mostly visible from the back.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with them?  It's india ink, hand lettered (no glued on balloons).  I don't think weight will be enough to resolve it.  A towel and then a medium heat iron?  Something else?

Thanks for any suggestions that come my way.

Simon

I'd give weight a chance.  That's what I use all the artist editions I'm not reading for. 

22 hours ago, comix4fun said:

I'd give weight a chance.  That's what I use all the artist editions I'm not reading for. 

Ok, giving that a whirl, thank you.  For a week? A month?  I imagine if it's not improved, or only minimally improved after a month, then that's as good as it's going to get that weight.

25 minutes ago, GotSuperPowers? said:

Ok, giving that a whirl, thank you.  For a week? A month?  I imagine if it's not improved, or only minimally improved after a month, then that's as good as it's going to get that weight.

Yeah, it's a low impact low cost option. A month should work. 

I just found a piece I was doing that to that I forgot about...it was about a year ago that I left it between the books.