• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.8 really?? am i really nitpicking??
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I was checking out some books for sale in the for sale section and came across these

nice to see that these books sold however I don't know if I'm being too picky but hard to believe that with the way the books are aligned cover wise how these

are anywhere close to 9.8 regardless of printing defects I'd be looking to upgrade

22 hours ago, anstettoman said:

I don't know if I'm being too picky but hard to believe that with the way the books are aligned cover wise how these

are anywhere close to 9.8

Looking at the big number in the top left corner it appears that theCGC™ disagrees with you.

You're being too picky.  I've seen CGC 9.8s with miswraps worse than that.  If your personal collecting preference is to avoid miswraps like this then definitely buy only what you like.

13 minutes ago, s14roller said:

On the 361, isn't there also a manufacturing defect where there is a small tear?  

Letting the alignment slide is okay, however, I don't agree that a book with a tear should ever get a 9.8 . A tear is a tear, no matter how it happened.

I appreciate consistency over most other...approaches. ASM 361 was a horrible print run in terms of quality. Most issues have some tears along the bottom, at least the interior and usually one or two on the exterior. This was a production flaw, not from collectors. Since grading companies tend to overlook production flaws that are common with a book,  then the ASM 361's should be 9.8 if otherwise 9.8 quality. Just my opinion, I understand how others might feel differently