• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hydroman, Hydroman, does whatever a Hydro can!
2 2

37 posts in this topic

Absolutely gorgeous copies! Seeing these makes me want reader copies because, growing up with bronze and early copper, I always thought the Spidey villain Hydroman was a neat concept. I'd love to read these to see how directly he was based on this hero. (And clearly Man o' Metal looks like Stan recycled him into the Molten Man in the silver age.)

Thank you for sharing them!

Those are wonderful, Walter (worship), I first saw the title a year and 1/2 ago when a friend asked me to sell some of her husband's books.  Those were in the "Evelyn" collection, but they were much lower grade. I bought one myself, the #3", but I read them all. They were neat and goofy at the same time:)

I can't imagine how hard it must have been to find all of those in these grades, just fantastic! 

It's amazing how so many of the SA Marvels were inspired by older comics. For example in Mystic 5 (the first series) I read a story about a guy who gets stronger when he's angry;)

These are so fun and such a nice high grade run.  This was one of my first sets to go after before the genre change with #16.  Not wanting to horn in so my run in the spoiler and a somewhat less breath-taking set.  The #13 was the last one I added and was the toughest for me to locate - now I have 4 copies lol (the two shown which I slabbed and two others that are raw).

Congrats on such a nice uber-drooling run,Walter  (worship)

Spoiler

1811122035051-tile.thumb.jpg.b2ced174361b328026f62980bdd8eb97.jpg

18 hours ago, walclark said:

heroic1.jpg.310ca84a5d24f09aa440350ac12718a8.jpg

Always a treat seeing books in your incredible collection sir. Perfect way to spend this rainy day off in NYC. This cover is really gorgeous :x 

..and i'm sure you just created a new Hydro Man fan or two :D

7 hours ago, telerites said:

These are so fun and such a nice high grade run.  This was one of my first sets to go after before the genre change with #16.  Not wanting to horn in so my run in the spoiler and a somewhat less breath-taking set.  The #13 was the last one I added and was the toughest for me to locate - now I have 4 copies lol (the two shown which I slabbed and two others that are raw).

Congrats on such a nice uber-drooling run,Walter  (worship)

Reveal hidden contents

1811122035051-tile.thumb.jpg.b2ced174361b328026f62980bdd8eb97.jpg

Thank you for sharing your run.  I’ve got the other issues (except #12), but didn’t post them because they aren’t Hydroman covers.    Like you, I more or less stopped at the change with #16.

11 hours ago, walclark said:

Thank you for sharing your run.  I’ve got the other issues (except #12), but didn’t post them because they aren’t Hydroman covers.    Like you, I more or less stopped at the change with #16.

Thanks, Walter and again, I hope it was not bad form to post them as I in no way wanted to detract from your accomplishment.  I liked the Everett covers and since I can't afford Subbie in most Timelys, this was a good avenue lol 

Your run is awesome and such high grade books - congrats again!

46 minutes ago, telerites said:

Thanks, Walter and again, I hope it was not bad form to post them as I in no way wanted to detract from your accomplishment.  I liked the Everett covers and since I can't afford Subbie in most Timelys, this was a good avenue lol 

Your run is awesome and such high grade books - congrats again!

I never mind when people share their books in a thread.  I love seeing that others share my interests.  That’s why I’m on these boards.  I do appreciate when people let a poster get everything up before jumping in halfway through with a book of their own.  Just seems to be common courtesy.

Thanks for displaying your run!

22 hours ago, FineCollector said:
On 10/28/2017 at 5:59 PM, walclark said:

heroic6.jpg.ea172fa545b4e406635861c836aef664.jpg

My favorite by far.  Never seen these, so thanks for sharing!

I like them all, but I think I agree with you that this one is the coolest.