• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detached centrefold at one staple due to manufacturing issue

2 posts in this topic

Tried searching for this answer, couldn't find it here or in my over street grading guide

I have a tec 332 thats maybe a 6-6.5 but the top staple doesn't go through the centrefold. Never did. Luckily its not a high grade book or that'd really suck. 

How does this effect the grade?

Let pretend this book was 9.4...what would it drop to if it was discovered it had this manufacturing error? Qualified 9.4?

Thanks 

On 10/28/2017 at 8:17 PM, DarkKnightReturns said:

Tried searching for this answer, couldn't find it here or in my over street grading guide

I have a tec 332 thats maybe a 6-6.5 but the top staple doesn't go through the centrefold. Never did. Luckily its not a high grade book or that'd really suck. 

How does this effect the grade?

Let pretend this book was 9.4...what would it drop to if it was discovered it had this manufacturing error? Qualified 9.4?

Thanks 

Likely would not affect grade at all -- if the paper was not punctured, it would be considered a manufacturing defect. Many are ignored when grading - and this one ( to me ) - is something that I would not mind at all in a 9.8 - as it would not even be closes to looking like damage as opposed to production creasing which looks like junk....