• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF52 -Thinking of buying
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Without seeing the back I'd say in the F range: bends on corners that break color, rough edge on top, and the top staple seems iffy :)

My guess would be 6.0

3 hours ago, rebelpk said:

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a FF52 and I wanted to get your opinion on the grade.

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Without seeing the back I'd say in the F range: bends on corners that break color, rough edge on top, and the top staple seems iffy :)

My guess would be 6.0

Agreed on your 6.0 assessment.

It's already in a slab so obviously the OP is disagreeing with the assigned grade and wants to see what we think. However, without a BC pic, we are simply guessing. To be honest, I'm not quite seeing a 6.0 here but 6.0 tops.  

18 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It's already in a slab so obviously the OP is disagreeing with the assigned grade and wants to see what we think. However, without a BC pic, we are simply guessing. To be honest, I'm not quite seeing a 6.0 here but 6.0 tops.  

you are indeed right. It is slabbed, but it was slabbed by a far far inferior competitor (rhymes with DMX).

It is showing as a 7.0

I don't believe it could be trimmed based on the edges having some chipping.

Back picture incoming

3 hours ago, rebelpk said:

Was gonna offer the buy price for a 5.5.

My opinion, 8.0+ is the sweet spot for this book. Instead of offering on this book save up for a really nice one that you won't have to upgrade.

6 hours ago, rebelpk said:

8.0 would be gr8... But the cost is extreme imp ($1500) where as a 7.5 is 850 according to GPA.

It's a great key and one that I'd love to have but it's extreme.

I once had an FF52 in 9.6 but after the price spike I traded down to a 9.2 . I agree that it's a great key. Such a cool, black cover. I would also advise saving up for at least an 8.0 . The higher the grade, the better the investment on this book.

The black cover definitely makes it better in a higher grade.

I'm just trying to justify the cost.

There are still a series of Keys that I'm after.

FF48, 52

Iron Man 1,

SS 1,

DD1,

Tomb of Drac 10

Special Marvel Edition 15

Plus baby on the way.

Rome was most definitely not built in a day and neither will my comic book collection.