• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Finest in the World! Worlds Finest 40-80
1 1

200 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Scrooge said:

That stack of OO books was a brilliant find :applause:

Couldn't agree more but I am also really looking forward to the next few posts from G.A.tor.

When I put my run together issues 60-64 were the toughest to find. It's a close call, but I believe 60 is the scarcest book in the run.

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

As someone mentioned, the issues in the 60s are the toughest to collect. Regardless of condition. The cover themes remain consistent, for the most part. 

Issue 60

A3CC5952-5694-4FA5-A1CF-A024D84CAF32.jpeg

Hugely enjoying these, Rick. Thank you for your public service (!). Not sure I've ever even seen a copy of this 'un before...

I've been away from posting for a long time, so just came across this thread.

One of my collecting goals is a complete run of World's Finest #62-106 - this represents 1953-1959.  Don't ask me why I picked these dates, I can't remember.  Of the 45 books in this sequence, I have 27 (so 18 to go).  I am not normally a fan of slabbing, but I am getting these certified a few at a time - mostly so I can put them in the registry.  Here is the link to my WF registry:  https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=33204

In terms of 40-80 (since this was the run that the original poster noted), I have: 65-70, 72, 74, 76, 78, 79 & 80.  I'll try to post a few pictures.

3 hours ago, 10¢ John (formerly Gopher John) said:

In terms of 40-80 (since this was the run that the original poster noted), I have: 65-70, 72, 74, 76, 78, 79 & 80.  I'll try to post a few pictures.

Fun to see other copies. Maybe wait till I’ve posted a particular issue then you could add on 

:foryou:

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Issue 61

17A4BF1D-17BA-49DD-B9AC-B97A2B597A41.jpeg

Boy the men in tights have no boundaries do they? It was one thing hanging with the single ladies; now we find them in the park with Mom and the kids. Who knew these books were so racy. It's almost like they needed a comics code or something for this sort of low moral behavior!! Seriously, what were the men at DC thinking? Awesome run; not what I expected.

19 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Add 'super strong derriere' to Superman's growing list of abilities. Or possibly defiance of the laws of physics - hmm, that makes sense.

Buns of steel.  And is it really appropriate for grown men to be hanging out at the playground with young girls?  Robin, sure, but Superman and Batman?