• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Finest in the World! Worlds Finest 40-80
1 1

200 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

7F8F8387-4067-4FA4-A09D-2EF330264017.jpeg

I know what's going on; the law caught up with these players from issue 61 and put them in a line up down at police HQ! It's odd that so many people look like Superman though. And people say DC lacks continuity. Guess this is the end of the ladies run!

3 hours ago, incognito said:

Congratulations on the highest graded copy of yet another really tough book to find. If memory serves correctly, this was a recent purchase involving considerable determination.

Honestly don’t remember. But when I see an upgrade I generally want it 

12 minutes ago, lbcolefan said:

Great thread!

Back in the mid 90’s I picked up a small collection of about 40 early 50’s DC’s. They were all fine or better. 

So far I remember having the 54,59,62,63 and 64. This is the only one I still have.

3EABB368-E450-42F0-80BC-8D953AB7972F.jpeg

I wonder if that is an accurate rendition of Broadway at the time?

53 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:
1 hour ago, lbcolefan said:

Great thread!

Back in the mid 90’s I picked up a small collection of about 40 early 50’s DC’s. They were all fine or better. 

So far I remember having the 54,59,62,63 and 64. This is the only one I still have.

3EABB368-E450-42F0-80BC-8D953AB7972F.jpeg

I wonder if that is an accurate rendition of Broadway at the time?

I would guess so given that I think everybody involved worked nearby.

Actually, it doesn't look that different from Broadway today. hm

Really love this cover.  Not sure I've ever seen a copy in person. 

It's interesting how the cover content has now changed to self reflective material; it really makes you wonder what was going on at DC. This was certainly a tough era for comics. The television show had begun at this point and that was the beginning of some significant changes at DC in terms of ratcheting up the media presence and commercialization.

Edited by 40YrsCollctngCmcs

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:17 AM, Senormac said:

Being slabbed, I guess we will never know..."what's going on here ? " .  Anyone have a raw copy of this one ?

The answer given inside Worlds Finest 62 is - "Superman can move so fast that he can seem to be in three places at one time".

A solution more often used in Flash comics stories!

3 hours ago, incognito said:
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Senormac said:

Being slabbed, I guess we will never know..."what's going on here ? " .  Anyone have a raw copy of this one ?

The answer given inside Worlds Finest 62 is - "Superman can move so fast that he can seem to be in three places at one time".

A solution more often used in Flash comics stories!

ahhh......  ok. thx.  I never think of Superman as being fast