• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2023 at 12:38 PM, paullam15 said:

Enjoyed this movie overall. Found the JSA more interesting then Black Adam. They honestly should do a JSA movie.

Yes they should. 

So...per The Hollywood Reporter, the reshoots cost $70 million for just an additional 20 days of shooting.

Bringing the total production cost for Black Adam to ~$260 million before P&A.

This was reported well after that early December Deadline breakdown that claimed Black Adam will ultimately prove profitable over the long term (based on a production cost of $195 million).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/black-adam-2-not-moving-forward-dwayne-johnson-1235282822/

On 1/13/2023 at 7:04 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If your device does not support 4K, is it even worth it? :devil:

My browser doesn't. But my TV and iPad do.

Now back to "Let me pick a movie apart once again - the golden years!" :canofworms:

On 1/13/2023 at 7:25 AM, Bosco685 said:

My browser doesn't. But my TV and iPad do.

Now back to "Let me pick a movie apart once again - the golden years!" :canofworms:

I'm always honest. (shrug) A generic villain deserves scrutiny. They could have done more with Sabbac, and because of how he mirrors Shazam, they should have. Since The Rock doesn't seem to like Shazam, that's probably why they didn't care to show much about him.

On 1/13/2023 at 7:32 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm always honest. (shrug) A generic villain deserves scrutiny. They could have done more with Sabbac, and because of how he mirrors Shazam, they should have. Since The Rock doesn't seem to like Shazam, that's probably why they didn't care to show much about him.

Recognizing Warner Bros. was doing its thing once again for years with this film, what we got in the end came about because it wasn't until the month before the film's release in October that in September they approved Henry Cavill coming back as Superman.

How ‘Black Adam’ Filmed That Cameo in Secret

So the scrambling behind the scenes to rejigger the entire film so as to lead up to that credits scene most probably caused changes to greater details about characters throughout. Was the character of Sabbac not well told? Having watched the film a second time, it was clear since the beginning his story was told through the history review delivered by the boy, and continue on from there. Including the slow reveal concerning Ishmael. Watch it again, and see if you still disagree.

But it's like picking apart pieces of the Snyder Cut. The director knew this was probably his last outing with a DC film, so he threw everything he could into the film recognizing as a streaming platform HBO Max would excitedly accept this. Including wanting to finally show the DCEU Batman and Joker facing one another. And Snyder was right in the end, based on all that has occurred since.

On 1/13/2023 at 8:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

So the scrambling behind the scenes to rejigger the entire film so as to lead up to that credits scene most probably caused changes to greater details about characters throughout. Was the character of Sabbac not well told? Having watched the film a second time, it was clear since the beginning his story was told through the history review delivered by the boy, and continue on from there. Including the slow reveal concerning Ishmael. Watch it again, and see if you still disagree.

I've seen it 3 times. I already know that I still disagree.

When prodded on a recent story from Variety, breaking down the actor's failed "multiyear [Black Adam]" pitch that - as CNBC host Morgan Brennan put it - "'ruffled feathers' internally", Johnson said this:

"That is simply not true. I had a great meeting with David Zaslav, myself and my longtime business partner Dany Garcia. Her and myself went in, we sat with David, and we did not pitch a ten-year plan at all. What our meeting was the future and how can we build across the entire platform of Warner bros. and Discovery."

Johnson said recent weeks have been "challenging," as he demonstrated "discipline" by just "[letting] these reports come out:"

"You know, I gotta tell you Morgan and David, one of the hardest things that I've had to do - and it's one of the greater disciplines that we have to practice when we're in this position - is you want to be careful how much you get pulled into the sludge. of media reporting. Now, that's not an overall criticism. but you do want to be careful about it. So it was very difficult - wait, let me rephrase that - it was challenging to exercise that kind of discipline. Just to let these reports come out."