• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC honor a PGX File Copy?

5 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, shortboxed said:

Will CGC honor the File Copy designation on a PGX slab? Do I need to submit it in the PGX case?

Not likely. At least  not based on PGX's say so. If it is clearly shown otherwise to be accepted as a file copy it should get the designation.

CGC is likely going to look at it on a case by case basis, as if you submitted it without the PGX case. Although that might help to make your intentions of desire regarding the grade more clear. However based on submission guidlines raw books must be submitted raw. I could be wrong but as far as I know you cannot submit a book already in a case. CGC does not crack for you.

So CGC will give the designation based on provenance, which PGX will not be able to provide. That would be up to you.

8 hours ago, H0RR0RSH0W said:

based on submission guidlines raw books must be submitted raw. I could be wrong but as far as I know you cannot submit a book already in a case. CGC does not crack for you.

Sorry, this is not true. CGC will crack a resubbed slab. In fact they encourage leaving it in the slab. Not sure if you remember a situation discussed here where a cracked out Universal slab came back Purple. The problem was the owner submitted it raw. Harshen himself came on here to recommend always sending a resub in the slab.

Edited by Bomber-Bob