• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Printing error books

37 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I would love too, but I am perpetually short of time.  That being said, I just picked four new Chuckton Flash Gordon's in CGC 9.4/9.6, so I will probably have more examples soon...,

I gnu you were going to say that. Leave the elks alone liz! 

Here's one I spotted on ebay:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.b6713ed313f08b53dfbae02071ac3220.jpg

Doesn't look or feel right to me, but who knows when it's in a tomb.

I've posted a few Charlie mishaps in the Brent thread liz, if you ever get bored shooting things...

3 out of the first 4 story arcs at Marvel featuring the Sentinels had massive miscolouring issues.   Only the Roy Thomas/Neal Adams arc was coloured correctly for all issues.   The Sentinels were one of my favourite villains and it was just painful to see them coloured tangerine orange.  

35 minutes ago, Phicks said:

3 out of the first 4 story arcs at Marvel featuring the Sentinels had massive miscolouring issues.   Only the Roy Thomas/Neal Adams arc was coloured correctly for all issues.   The Sentinels were one of my favourite villains and it was just painful to see them coloured tangerine orange.  

Got any pictures? We like to see pictures Phicks.

Pictures. :)

The classic Neal Adams Sentinels issues were all coloured correctly.  Probably because Neal gets cranky when other people mess up his work.  

In in the early 70s, the Sentinels return in the Avengers 102-104.  The Sentinels are purple and grey for the first two issues.  And then....

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

Lastly, the Sentinels return in X-Men 98-99.  Colouring is fine in 98, and the first half of 99.  But suddenly in mid issue....oh my God...it's not just the colourist...someone took LSD at the printing plant!!!

IMG_0408.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

5 hours ago, Phicks said:
11 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Nice pics Phicks :)

Thanks!  I've been working out

What the heck Pheck!?

Don't worry, I got it. I'm not thick Phick :)

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Allegedly...

I just sent in a Spider Girl #1 from 1998. It has a pink cover where the blue was supposed to be all around the cover. It should be graded within the 20 day window. It looks better than the original cover, because of the fact that it is Spider Girl. It has a more girl look to it. Could be one of  a kind. Can't wait to see it graded.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:02 PM, kantball said:

I just sent in a Spider Girl #1 from 1998. It has a pink cover where the blue was supposed to be all around the cover. It should be graded within the 20 day window. It looks better than the original cover, because of the fact that it is Spider Girl. It has a more girl look to it. Could be one of  a kind. Can't wait to see it graded.

Sounds cool. Do you mean #0 or #1? Either way, posts pictures when you get it back :wishluck: