• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your 1 Grail
4 4

120 posts in this topic

Spidey is by far my favourite superhero.  There are tons of awesome covers in his many runs - but ASM 101 is my all time favorite cover.  Reason? I LOVE the 6 arm spider-man. As a fan of old time monster movies - Morbius is a supper cool character to face off against our friendly neighbourhood hero.

ASM101+re-creation.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1

3 minutes ago, GreatEscape said:

The Byrne/Austin X-Men 137 DPS is my grail, the piece that inspired me into collecting art....I’d love to see it in person and dream of having the opportunity to acquire it someday  :cloud9:

0.jpeg?quality=80

I've had the pleasure of seeing this beauty up close & it is INCREDIBLE. Byrne/Austin at their peak.

My Grail is in the gallery of Tom Coker... who has an outrageous collection and is a super nice guy as well!

My favorite piece, from my favorite storyline, by my favorite artists John Byrne and Terry Austin!!!

image.thumb.png.f9ca56254e1651342d51be7f6d45cabd.png

Tom's CAF gallery:
http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetail.asp?gcat=4787

Not comic art, so i hope it's ok if i cheat =)

Rifts main book cover, by Keith Parkinson.  Currently hanging over the CEO's desk.  Pretty much, never going anywhere.

(plus i'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't let me hang it in the livingroom)

rifts_main.jpg

Edited by Pete Marino

Comic grail would be the cover to the Marvel Special Edition Empire Strikes Back. It was my understanding it sold on ebay a number of years ago (Before I got in the hobby). I read that book to shreds as a kid.

MARVEL_SPECIAL_EDITION_ESB.jpg.2a2e5fa9223fc6bc3fc46401f77527e5.jpg

The Byrne X-men 137 DPS Great Escape posted earlier in the thread would be high on my list too... The first X-men I purchased off the rack and it blew me away.

I'd love to get the cover and splash to the Conan the Barbarian movie adaptation, the cover being the piece that got me into collecting comic art to begin with. The splash sold several times on Heritage and I did make an offer on it through them (and actually got a response, which was nice). Cannot believe the whole book sold for so cheaply originally. 

PS: yes I have low standards for grails in this hobby. But these are realistic grails for me not pie in the sky Frazetta covers.

Edited by cstojano

I don't think I have a Gail (the one piece), I have a whole list of pieces that I'm probably have a stroke if I could bring them home though.

Just a couple more recent quickies off the top of my head:

I'd love to pry this away from Albert, for instance. Not gonna happen, but...
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=590613

or this piece from Arnie and Kathy...
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=904753

I'd take JL's Jeff Jones Wonder Woman cover in  heartbeat.
Or that Wrightson Lab image above.

I could go on and on, and I don't put any one of these above the others, they all just stun me in different ways.