• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Tec 27's for sale
2 2

212 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

If anyone knows who the new owner is of the coverless Jerry Robinson Tec #27, can you shoot me a PM?

I’m interested in buying a page.

Thanks! :)

I wish it was me... I though it went so cheap. Just bad timing for me.

Good luck getting in touch with him

1 hour ago, bluechip said:

Having once owned the Robinson copy I can assure you the CF was not married from some other copy.   It wasn't called brittle simply because the brittleness was confined to the outer pages which had received more exposure, natch.

Thanks for the insight!

I am curious to see how the copy going on sale on CC does - they are sure trying to promote it with all its flaws.  

I'm shocked at how much a single non-Bat page went for. I know sometimes pages go for a premium (not sure why, but there has to be a good explanation), but if we do some simple math:

Tec 27, 68 pages
- 4 for cover
-4 for cf
-8 for Bats story (really 7, but back of last odd page has to be counted as part of the Bats story)
=52 pages left over 

52 x $2,000 = $104,000!!! 

Or was that page that sold really a full wrap? If a full wrap its much more reasonable - 13 non Bats wraps x $2,000 = $26,000. Bats pages of course go for much more than a regular page, and the cf is arguable just as valuable since it is the first part of most books that is lost. So a nice coverless without a centerfold, somewhere in the 40K range - probably higher 40s to more, with centerfold add another 10K or sky's the limit?

Edited by Qua-Brot

57 minutes ago, Qua-Brot said:

I am curious to see how the copy going on sale on CC does - they are sure trying to promote it with all its flaws.  

I'm shocked at how much a single non-Bat page went for. I know sometimes pages go for a premium (not sure why, but there has to be a good explanation), but if we do some simple math:

Tec 27, 68 pages
- 4 for cover
-4 for cf
-8 for Bats story (really 7, but back of last odd page has to be counted as part of the Bats story)
=52 pages left over 

52 x $2,000 = $104,000!!! 

Or was that page that sold really a full wrap? If a full wrap its much more reasonable - 13 non Bats wraps x $2,000 = $26,000. Bats pages of course go for much more than a regular page, and the cf is arguable just as valuable since it is the first part of most books that is lost. So a nice coverless without a centerfold, somewhere in the 40K range - probably higher 40s to more, with centerfold add another 10K or sky's the limit?

Just a single page non Batman for 2300$

like the non superman action 1 page

batman pages 3 only for tec 27. each page 15-20k 

On 7/23/2018 at 7:57 PM, zen514 said:

Just a single page non Batman for 2300$

like the non superman action 1 page

batman pages 3 only for tec 27. each page 15-20k 

OK, I totally messed up my calculation -  didn't take into consideration that each page is 2 sided - DUH.

So the non-Bats pages would add up to 26 pages - still over $50K for all those pages (cf being more expensive). 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, Chicago Boy said:

Tec 27- 15k

Action 1 - 12k

It’s an incomplete B v S !!!!:popcorn:

Tec 27 incomplete- 41k

Action 1 page 1- 25k

No other comics come close pound for pound  Long live the kings