• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless Tec 27's for sale
2 2

212 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Correct me if I'm mistaken but didn't a coverless copy with no Batman parts and also no centerfold sell for 22K or so a month or two ago?

If that's the case, this copy with 100% of the Batman story would have to be worth at least 2x that, so 40K+?

Its not cgc... also this is trimmed and almost to the borders and aslo remove from a spiral bound. The fact that its not cgc like the other and also heritage didnt nitice the missing centrfold till 5 days before the end of auction. Cgc would have caught it

If this was cgc it would be restored and the comicconnect one was not. 

Also page quality on this one is slightly brittle as mentinned instead of cream to off white

I think woo woo is right in the 20k range

6 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Thanks for the input! Your Experience is appreciated

(thumbsu The time to buy a copy is when you can find one. I don't like this copy but people make money every day and Tec 27's are just going away hard to find. I think the ebay copy is way better and you might get it cheaper if you e-mail them. I would remove the ebay copy from the holder.

Edited by woowoo

3 minutes ago, woowoo said:

(thumbsu The time to buy a copy is when you can find one. I don't like this copy but people make money every day and Tec 27's are just going away hard to find. I think the ebay copy is way better and you might get it cheaper if you e-mail them. I would remove the ebay copy from the holder.

Didn't respond for an offer of 36, 500 after he re-raised it I heard 

5 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Its not cgc... also this is trimmed and almost to the borders and aslo remove from a spiral bound. The fact that its not cgc like the other and also heritage didnt nitice the missing centrfold till 5 days before the end of auction. Cgc would have caught it

Also page quality on this one is slightly brittle as mentinned instead of cream to off white

It's already at 20k + plus .  I'm thinking it doesn't go higher than 25k myself

8 minutes ago, zen514 said:

So CR/OW with 0% Batman is equally desirable to SLB, trimmed with 100% Batman?

Not in my book, not even close.

1 minute ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Maybe someone had the Bats story ?  Maybe someone was just happy an attainable Tec 27 came to market ? 

3 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

As a matter of fact, using the same logic that says the above is comparably valuable: Those brittle Superman Action #1 pages would sell for the same amount as the CR/OW Zatara/Pep Morgan/Marco Polo Action #1 pages.

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Maybe someone had the Bats story ?  Maybe someone was just happy an attainable Tec 27 came to market ? 

22K for a copy with no Batman pages and no centerfold is reasonable and I would not be surprised if that was someone just being happy to own the most affordable copy they could find.

But if CR/OW with 0% Batman is 22K, then SLB/trimmed with 100% Batman should be worth at least 2x that. 

When it came to brittle Superman pages vs. nice PQ non-Superman pages, the former sold for a lot more than 2x the latter. No reason the same logic wouldn't apply here.

logic is there... Are you bidding on this book? This is a 20k book big diffrence than 1-5k superman page of an action 1.

Are you Going to bid? No. I did. Received the Email from barry lf Heritage. 

I am a real bidder and this is my logic. when You pony up 20k for a coverless trimmed  book missing a cf then you can make your assumptions. 

The Comicconnect copy also Was cgc and in a an old holder with a tec27 cover so it presented Like it had a cover. CGC wont allow this now. So these would have to be slabbed indivudially And purple labelled. Costing time and monies. 

1 minute ago, woowoo said:

:screwy: It's not a true Tec 27 without the Batman pages IMO

Yes. i found it mislwading since it was a blue label cgc with a photocpy cover in the holder so all you see is the tec27 cover. I was  lt a bidder i found it was worth 10-12k not 22k. bidding war frenzy imho.

Just now, zen514 said:

Yes. i found it mislwading since it was a blue label cgc with a photocpy cover in the holder so all you see is the tec27 cover. I was  lt a bidder i found it was worth 10-12k not 22k. bidding war frenzy imho.

:headbang:

14 minutes ago, zen514 said:

For books at the top: Action #1, Tec #27, I believe collectors are tired of having to pay 2x, 3x as much just a few years later to get the same copy. 22K was strong, but even with 0% Batman it's still a Tec #27.

A copy with 100% of the Batman parts is a completely different animal.

1 minute ago, Wayne-Tec said:

For books at the top: Action #1, Tec #27, I believe collectors are tired of having to pay 2x, 3x as much just a few years later to get the same copy. 22K was strong, but even with 0% Batman it's still a Tec #27.

A copy with 100% of the Batman parts is a completely different animal.

I think the Batman story is 7 pages so 7 x's the animal.

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

I think the Batman story is 7 pages so 7 x's the animal.

In all of my years collecting coverless/wraps/pages, I've seen a total of 0 CGC slabbed Batman pages from Tec #27. I've seen Superman slabbed pages from multiple copies of Action #1.

There are only 3 individual Batman pages (double sided), but I could easily see them selling for 7-10K each. Forget slightly brittle, BRITTLE Superman Action #1 pages have sold in that range, if not more.

Edited by Wayne-Tec