• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM amazing spiderman 129

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Due to crazy happening I've finally decided that I shall have to liquidate my complete original owner (90% bought off the newstand) collection and I am debating what books are worth sending to CGC, please let me know your thoughts guys, Ive been out of the game for a decade or so, so all feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll be putting up a selection of books that I feel may justify being sent, if I've got it wrong please let me know, I can't afford to mess this decision up!!!

All grade advice and guidance is invaluable to me. Also In doing my research today I have discovered something called pressing (wasn't around in my collecting heyday) so if any books look like they may benefit from this please let me know.

thanks in advance guys 

Rye.

Amazing spiderman 129

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

2 minutes ago, RYEBABY said:

Hi everyone,

Due to crazy happening I've finally decided that I shall have to liquidate my complete original owner (90% bought off the newstand) collection and I am debating what books are worth sending to CGC, please let me know your thoughts guys, Ive been out of the game for a decade or so, so all feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll be putting up a selection of books that I feel may justify being sent, if I've got it wrong please let me know, I can't afford to mess this decision up!!!

All grade advice and guidance is invaluable to me. Also In doing my research today I have discovered something called pressing (wasn't around in my collecting heyday) so if any books look like they may benefit from this please let me know.

thanks in advance guys 

Rye.

Rye, I think you are flooding the PGM thread, against guidelines. 3 books max a day. I'm not going to report you but the mods can close your threads.

POSTING LIMITS
2. Please post only one (1) book per thread and a maximum of three (3) books per person in a 24 hour period. It will make it more enjoyable for people to grade and will also encourage more people to grade your submission.

On 11/2/2017 at 5:22 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Looks like a 9.0 to 9.2. If most of your books you bought yourself i think you should look into having them pedigreed. You should be able to get a higher return and it's nice to see more pedigrees added to the hobby as well.

Unfortunately the majority of my collection was thrown away by my Nan back in the early 80's, I had all my books stacked away in a couple of suitcases in her loft (near complete runs of Amazing Spiderman and Fantastic four up to the mid 70's mainly) for years. When she decided to clear out her loft she just thought it was all clutter and binned the lot. I only found out a couple of years after the event when I went round there to pick them up and asked her where my old suitcases of comics were. Gutted beyond belief, but i couldn't bring myself to complain to her, she was such a beautiful lady so totally innocent, honest and genuine.

So i have only have the remnants of my collection left , no pedigree for me !

Could do with them now though:tonofbricks:

On 11/2/2017 at 12:22 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Looks like a 9.0 to 9.2. If most of your books you bought yourself i think you should look into having them pedigreed. You should be able to get a higher return and it's nice to see more pedigrees added to the hobby as well.

It's difficult to get  a pedigree designation from CGC. Besides volume, they need to be consistently high grade. From the CGC website....

The collection must be high-grade. Comics from the Silver Age in general would have to be 9.2 and higher, and a collection of exclusive Silver Age material must have an average grade of 9.4. Golden Age comics would have to be high-grade as well.  

Edited by Bomber-Bob

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It's difficult to get  a pedigree designation from CGC. Besides volume, they need to be consistently high grade. From the CGC website....

The collection must be high-grade. Comics from the Silver Age in general would have to be 9.2 and higher, and a collection of exclusive Silver Age material must have an average grade of 9.4. Golden Age comics would have to be high-grade as well.  

Yeah I was hoping we would see some more high grades....