PGM amazing spiderman 129
0

10 posts in this topic

79 posts

Hi everyone,

Due to crazy happening I've finally decided that I shall have to liquidate my complete original owner (90% bought off the newstand) collection and I am debating what books are worth sending to CGC, please let me know your thoughts guys, Ive been out of the game for a decade or so, so all feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll be putting up a selection of books that I feel may justify being sent, if I've got it wrong please let me know, I can't afford to mess this decision up!!!

All grade advice and guidance is invaluable to me. Also In doing my research today I have discovered something called pressing (wasn't around in my collecting heyday) so if any books look like they may benefit from this please let me know.

thanks in advance guys 

Rye.

 

Amazing spiderman 129

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,648 posts
2 minutes ago, RYEBABY said:

Hi everyone,

Due to crazy happening I've finally decided that I shall have to liquidate my complete original owner (90% bought off the newstand) collection and I am debating what books are worth sending to CGC, please let me know your thoughts guys, Ive been out of the game for a decade or so, so all feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll be putting up a selection of books that I feel may justify being sent, if I've got it wrong please let me know, I can't afford to mess this decision up!!!

All grade advice and guidance is invaluable to me. Also In doing my research today I have discovered something called pressing (wasn't around in my collecting heyday) so if any books look like they may benefit from this please let me know.

thanks in advance guys 

Rye.

Rye, I think you are flooding the PGM thread, against guidelines. 3 books max a day. I'm not going to report you but the mods can close your threads.

POSTING LIMITS
2. Please post only one (1) book per thread and a maximum of three (3) books per person in a 24 hour period. It will make it more enjoyable for people to grade and will also encourage more people to grade your submission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,416 posts

Looks like a 9.0 to 9.2. If most of your books you bought yourself i think you should look into having them pedigreed. You should be able to get a higher return and it's nice to see more pedigrees added to the hobby as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,033 posts

I agree with 9.0 maybe 9.2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79 posts
On 11/2/2017 at 5:22 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Looks like a 9.0 to 9.2. If most of your books you bought yourself i think you should look into having them pedigreed. You should be able to get a higher return and it's nice to see more pedigrees added to the hobby as well.

Unfortunately the majority of my collection was thrown away by my Nan back in the early 80's, I had all my books stacked away in a couple of suitcases in her loft (near complete runs of Amazing Spiderman and Fantastic four up to the mid 70's mainly) for years. When she decided to clear out her loft she just thought it was all clutter and binned the lot. I only found out a couple of years after the event when I went round there to pick them up and asked her where my old suitcases of comics were. Gutted beyond belief, but i couldn't bring myself to complain to her, she was such a beautiful lady so totally innocent, honest and genuine.

So i have only have the remnants of my collection left , no pedigree for me !

Could do with them now though:tonofbricks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,752 posts

9.0

CGC will help bring a premium, but at a price. A book like that, with better scans and pics, will fetch a pretty penny raw. I'm sure you could sell it here at a nice price. Just hold out against the bargain hunters. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,648 posts
On 11/2/2017 at 12:22 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Looks like a 9.0 to 9.2. If most of your books you bought yourself i think you should look into having them pedigreed. You should be able to get a higher return and it's nice to see more pedigrees added to the hobby as well.

It's difficult to get  a pedigree designation from CGC. Besides volume, they need to be consistently high grade. From the CGC website....

The collection must be high-grade. Comics from the Silver Age in general would have to be 9.2 and higher, and a collection of exclusive Silver Age material must have an average grade of 9.4. Golden Age comics would have to be high-grade as well.  

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,416 posts
2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It's difficult to get  a pedigree designation from CGC. Besides volume, they need to be consistently high grade. From the CGC website....

The collection must be high-grade. Comics from the Silver Age in general would have to be 9.2 and higher, and a collection of exclusive Silver Age material must have an average grade of 9.4. Golden Age comics would have to be high-grade as well.  

Yeah I was hoping we would see some more high grades.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0