• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ACE Comic Con Arizona -- January 13-15, 2018 (Glendale, AZ)
1 1

26 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, srezvan said:

Sunday admission is $55 plus fees. Anyone go today and have feedback on if the show is good for comic buying?

I can tell you that I sold more books yesterday than I did for both days of Fanfest and the Long Beach show in September. It really depends on what you are looking for. Dave and Adams have all the big Marvel keys. There are not a lot of comic vendors; however, there are good books there and I can tell you that mine are priced to sell. Ed

1 hour ago, robocard said:

I can tell you that I sold more books yesterday than I did for both days of Fanfest and the Long Beach show in September. It really depends on what you are looking for. Dave and Adams have all the big Marvel keys. There are not a lot of comic vendors; however, there are good books there and I can tell you that mine are priced to sell. Ed

Are you seeing any of the issues with the layout that I’ve read about on FB? (Autograph lines blocking access to vendor tables, aisles too small for traffic, sales floor too small in general, etc)

On 1/14/2018 at 8:25 AM, mysterio said:

Are you seeing any of the issues with the layout that I’ve read about on FB? (Autograph lines blocking access to vendor tables, aisles too small for traffic, sales floor too small in general, etc)

Most of the problems were on Saturday when all of the things you mentioned occurred through-out the day. The main floor area was pretty crazy as the stage for the celebrities was part of the floor space. As a result, whenever a panel was in session, there were no people at the vendor booths. When the panel adjoined, everyone had to come through the vendor area, some to shop but many to get in photo-op lines. It was definitely a challenge; however, from talking to several vendors, we all had to agree that our sales were exceptional whenever people took the time to shop so there was a trade-off.

I can also say that there were people who had flown in from all over the U.S. Canada, and Australia that I know of. The celebrity line-up was the best that Phoenix has ever had, resulting in lots of people who surprisingly had money to spend on both the celebrities and artists and the vendors. 

All in all, I think there were plenty of issues and some upset people; however, there were more people who seemed to love the experience, despite the loines, waiting time, crowded areas, etc.

6 minutes ago, robocard said:

Most of the problems were on Saturday when all of the things you mentioned occurred through-out the day. The main floor area was pretty crazy as the stage for the celebrities was part of the floor space. As a result, whenever a panel was in session, there were no people at the vendor booths. When the panel adjoined, everyone had to come through the vendor area, some to shop but many to get in photo-op lines. It was definitely a challenge; however, from talking to several vendors, we all had to agree that our sales were exceptional whenever people took the time to shop so there was a trade-off.

I can also say that there were people who had flown in from all over the U.S. Canada, and Australia that I know of. The celebrity line-up was the best that Phoenix has ever had, resulting in lots of people who surprisingly had money to spend on both the celebrities and artists and the vendors. 

All in all, I think there were plenty of issues and some upset people; however, there were more people who seemed to love the experience, despite the loines, waiting time, crowded areas, etc.

This definitely sounds promising, thanks for the detailed review! If Ace can get through their growing pains, and maybe move out of a sports arena and into a more traditional con space, it sounds like these shows could be good moving forward.

17 minutes ago, mysterio said:

This definitely sounds promising, thanks for the detailed review! If Ace can get through their growing pains, and maybe move out of a sports arena and into a more traditional con space, it sounds like these shows could be good moving forward.

In talking to the floor manager at the end of the show, I believe they will do another show in the Hockey arena. The staff of the arena were very helpful to ACE and I think they liked the seating for the panels (thousands attended several of them and were able to sit in the hockey seats which are very comfortable). If they bring in another heavy-hitter line-up, then the people will come.