• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie art: any fans and collectors here?
2 2

190 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, nkatradis said:

August 1971, Josie And The Pussycats #56 Cover, Dan DeCarlo pencils/inks, "Health Nuts", twice-up

Excellent! A cover I wouldn't mind having in my own collection.:) Your Dan DeCarlo-collection must be one of the most extensive ever compiled?

5 hours ago, glenbru said:

Speaking of allowance covers, here's mine by Harry Lucey from 1962...

archie132coverlogo.jpg

Glen, a great cover, congrats! As i was a Math guy in school, i noticed the pie chart should have had the 2% on the left side, top quadrant, not on the right.  They must have realized the four quadrants did not add up to 100% and added the 2% after, but it was added to the wrong side. 

And here is one of my Archie grails - December 1972, Archie #223 Cover, Dan DeCarlo pencils/Rudy Lapick inks,

A classic, twice-up, Archie cover featuring the whole cast! “Oh, Archie! You Shouldn’t Have!”

This is the cover to the 2nd Archie comic I ever read off the newsstand!; I am very happy to be the proud custodian of this great Dan DeCarlo cover;  It was also published as the cover to The Best of Dan DeCarlo Hardcover Volume 1"

It features all the main characters: Archie (Andrews), Betty (Cooper), Veronica (Lodge), Jughead (Jones), Reggie (Mantle), Moose (Mason), and Dilton (Doily); The whole gang is wishing Betty a Happy Birthday!

5a1353e597777_archie223cover.thumb.JPG.a526c851dd84f1cf3025e5c833c7ff56.JPG

decarlo book-cvr 001.jpg

On 11/20/2017 at 3:13 PM, nkatradis said:

Dan hi, just saw this. So you grabbed this one from Chris. wow. I love this one!

Hi Nick; didn't get it from Chris. Bought it further along the food chain. And, just put it up for sale!

Edited by westform

A Betty and Veronica story (B&V Summer Fun #527, 1983) where they speak like valley girls.  Probably considered very "with it" in the early eighties. Dan DeCarlo inked by his son, James DeCarlo.

Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p27 Comic Art
Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p28 Comic Art
Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p29 Comic Art
Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p30 Comic Art
Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p31 Comic Art
Today a tatoo wouldn't cause these reactions...  (and Archie is hardly Erich Von Zipper material).

Just thought you here might be interested in an eBay auction I have up right now, with 5 consecutive Archie Comic pages (which are nicely themed for the current season). Here's the link to my auction listings. And below are the pages in the auction. Good luck to you who bid:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=191225202282&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&_sop=1&rmvSB=true&hash=item2c85e9066a&afsrc=1&_ssn=whatwhatwhat06

bsjaadd6p2.jpg

bsjaadd6p3.jpg

bsjaadd6p4.jpg

bsjaadd6p5.jpg

bsjaadd6p6.jpg

6 hours ago, westform said:

Hi Nick; didn't get it from Chris. Bought it further along the food chain. And, just put it up for sale!

Dan, thank you for the heads up. I'm working of a few large deals so I'm trying to focus on that right now. I run hot and cold with Archie. I buy for a bit and then I cool off. I have 400 covers so I think im good for a while! lol 

5 hours ago, Caltex98 said:

A Betty and Veronica story (B&V Summer Fun #527, 1983) where they speak like valley girls.  Probably considered very "with it" in the early eighties. Dan DeCarlo inked by his son, James DeCarlo.

Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p27 Comic Art
Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p28 Comic Art
Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p29 Comic Art
Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p30 Comic Art
Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Summer Fun #529 - p31 Comic Art
Today a tatoo wouldn't cause these reactions...  (and Archie is hardly Erich Von Zipper material).

great and relevant story!