• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie art: any fans and collectors here?
2 2

190 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Readcomix said:

My daughter's Christmas present just landed

image.jpeg

That's great! And your timing is uncanny as I just pulled out 11 stories of Lil Jinx for scanning. I was just thinking should I post them here, and then saw you post... (thumbsu

On 2017-11-17 at 4:15 AM, Meeley Man said:

Can't say I'm much of an Archie fan or collector, but I do own this piece by Dan DeCarlo and Alison Flood (which was also published in "The Art Of Archie: The Covers HC." But don't make any inquiries for it, as this goes to my niece (when my time in this life passes), as she has developed a love of Archie comics (thanks to a certain uncle :) ).

Here is my contribution to The Art Of Archie: The Covers (can be picked up dirt cheap at Amazon; great value since its only drawback is the exclusion of Stan Goldberg) :

Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Digest #16 Comic Art

Betty & Veronica Digest #16, pencils & ink by Dan DeCarlo. I have no idea why Craig Yoe picked this particular cover for inclusion in the book, but I don't complain. It is nice to be allowed to play with the big boys once in a while.B|

1 hour ago, Caltex98 said:

Here is my contribution to The Art Of Archie: The Covers (can be picked up dirt cheap at Amazon; great value since its only drawback is the exclusion of Stan Goldberg) :

Dan DeCarlo - Betty & Veronica Digest #16 Comic Art

Betty & Veronica Digest #16, pencils & ink by Dan DeCarlo. I have no idea why Craig Yoe picked this particular cover for inclusion in the book, but I don't complain. It is nice to be allowed to play with the big boys once in a while.B|

I read this comment from you and went and bought a copy for $8 shipped. Wow, I didn't know it existed.

2 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

I read this comment from you and went and bought a copy for $8 shipped. Wow, I didn't know it existed.

That's great. It is a book which definitely deserves to be more well known. One good thing about it is that craig yoe and Victor Gorelick actually reached out to the Archie fans through Archie Comics Fan Forum and asked for suggestions of covers to be printed in the book. About 20 pages of OA is reproduced and a lot of it comes from Nick Katradis collection (not surprising at all).

http://www.unigas.se/ftp/Archiecovers_01.jpg

Back cover by Fernando Ruiz.

The size compared to the actual OA (very good reproduction, but I scanned it myself in 400 dpi which was the resolution craig asked for):

http://www.unigas.se/ftp/Archiecovers_06.jpg

3 hours ago, Caltex98 said:

That's great. It is a book which definitely deserves to be more well known. One good thing about it is that craig yoe and Victor Gorelick actually reached out to the Archie fans through Archie Comics Fan Forum and asked for suggestions of covers to be printed in the book. About 20 pages of OA is reproduced and a lot of it comes from Nick Katradis collection (not surprising at all).

The size compared to the actual OA (very good reproduction, but I scanned it myself in 400 dpi which was the resolution craig asked for):

Huh. Wish I had been part of that group, plenty to share especially for a book project. I always try to support those. Your cover is very cool and I'm glad you got it into the book too!

I’ve wanted some Montana original art featuring Betty and Veronica for some time.  When I saw the Veronica strip in HA I knew it was “the one” but got the Betty to go along with it.  

These were hotly contested but I had to have them.  Will be cross posted in auction thread.

60E19FFD-31B4-4E7A-BCA9-89DB5447DA16.jpeg

0F8BC898-3224-4271-918B-D3882D24C8FD.jpeg

I give this pages as a gift to my brother for his birthday a couple of years ago
1978 was the year he was born.

He is not a collector of OA so my guess is the art will eventually "disappear",
in any case is a nice reference to the popularity of Star Wars.

Archie's Pals 'n' Gals # 124
Published July 1978 by Archie Publications.
Artist: Stan Goldberg

5a122f714c7d3_ArchiesPalsnGals124P1.jpg.8be75e0afd468f51dccff0a504a0a9a0.jpg

5a122f8154b42_ArchiesPalsnGals124P2.jpg.cce8af187c8338f2e38e1de54ad439fd.jpg

5a122f91d496e_ArchiesPalsnGals124P3.jpg.51d2107b082c4e5deb72b22a256e3586.jpg

5a122fa56329d_ArchiesPalsnGals124P4.jpg.a6a1b2787f065b0d3b9745cb7414f683.jpg

5a122fb34d144_ArchiesPalsnGals124P5.jpg.aa140079ea7b055eac7a4e1f6289e330.jpg

Edited by MagnusX

On 11/18/2017 at 2:21 PM, Caltex98 said:

Awesome cover Karl!