• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF ANNUAL 1
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Another book that I could do with some advice on.  I'm not sure how the tape on the top left of the cover will affect the grade!

Is it worth sending to cgc?

Thanks in advance for all your advice and insight (thumbsu

Rye

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

IMG_2882.JPG

IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2879.JPG

5 hours ago, Myparentsbasement said:

Would it come back with the PLOD because of the tape?

it "shouldn't" according to CGC but would be noted on label as "tape on..." and would imo sorely affect grade like to 3.5/4.0

I had an ASM 129 that had tape holding some of the spine together lol I removed it, and it came back 3.0 blue label with nothing on the label..... so it is possible to remove it and not have "residue" or "tape" on label

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

ADAMANTIUM

On 11/5/2017 at 2:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

it "shouldn't" according to CGC but would be noted on label as "tape on..." and would imo sorely affect grade like to 3.5/4.0

I had an ASM 129 that had tape holding some of the spine together lol I removed it, and it came back 3.0 blue label with nothing on the label..... so it is possible to remove it and not have "residue" or "tape" on label

ADAMANTIUM - do you mind telling me what method you used to remove the tape and residue? 

2 minutes ago, XDELRAY said:

ADAMANTIUM

ADAMANTIUM - do you mind telling me what method you used to remove the tape and residue? 

You might not like it.... or think it is risky... but

My fingernail...

I was lucky I guess, sometime tape is easy to get off or has just the correct amount of ware and age that makes it easy.....

I ended up with a 3.0, no notation on label, but the spine was split, staples still attached, and still looks nice in a cgc case :)

But I don't believe tape is considered restoration, none the less.