• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Amazing Spider-Man #667

27 posts in this topic

Hello guys. Could you please give your opinion about grade of this comic book? Also, I have a couple of questions about this comic book. Don't know if this is the right place to ask them... Why is this book has different cover than the other #667 that I have seen? Is this book valuable? For how much I could sell it? Thank you very much for all the answers.

20171106_143426.jpg

20171106_143439.jpg

I know nothing about this book but, after a quick look in the modern section, I think it's a rare variant.  It might be the one listed as #1 in the first post of this thread.

Edited by comicdonna

I would definitely get it graded.... it is a popular book.... the sell point will be determined on what grade it comes back...

it looks high grade, but when it gets to 9.4/9.6/9.8 its too hard to pinpoint with just pictrues

Definitely get it graded if your planning to sell :) 

16 minutes ago, NathanSkyler said:

Hey, just to let everyone here and throughout the CGC forums know: this book is in no way the real deal. This user in particular tried to scam me out of quite a bit of money. I can provide pictures to confirm that the book in question is a fake. If you are approached about this book, BUYER BEWARE. 

Wow. So the reason he posted it here as a 'clueless' newbie was to pimp the book, hoping people would inquire. Sad.

1 hour ago, NathanSkyler said:

Hey, just to let everyone here and throughout the CGC forums know: this book is in no way the real deal. This user in particular tried to scam me out of quite a bit of money. I can provide pictures to confirm that the book in question is a fake. If you are approached about this book, BUYER BEWARE. 

Thought something was fishy! Thanks for the heads up ;)

Glad that you were protected and didn't get swindled!

@NathanSkyler it's  also worth mentioning in this thread... That after I posted my estimation of grade, he asked me to start a thread for him about this book. He wanted me to ask how much it was worth or something like that, and that he couldn't because there were restrictions or something... That's why it sounded fishy to me, and of course I told him I could not do that

16 hours ago, NathanSkyler said:

Whoa.  How did I miss this thread ?

Yeah that book looks totally "off".  Cover stock looks wrong. The sheen/gloss on the book looks wrong.  It looks far too plump at the spine.  

If you have other, more pics of what definitely gave it away as a fake it would be interesting to see them.

Sorry you got hoodwinked but at least you were smart enough to have your bases covered. 

-J.

@Bomber-Bob @Jaydogrules Here are some pics of the books in question. There's damage at the staples like someone forcibly tried to affix a new cover to an existing book. There's just too much "bounce" in the spines when the books are lying flat. And I've provided a picture of the one book on top of an actual modern comic. The sizing is off. The paper itself isn't as smooth as normal comic book paper. But it's not your average counterfeit by any means. There was work put into this. 

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3804.jpg

26 minutes ago, NathanSkyler said:

@Bomber-Bob @Jaydogrules Here are some pics of the books in question. There's damage at the staples like someone forcibly tried to affix a new cover to an existing book. There's just too much "bounce" in the spines when the books are lying flat. And I've provided a picture of the one book on top of an actual modern comic. The sizing is off. The paper itself isn't as smooth as normal comic book paper. But it's not your average counterfeit by any means. There was work put into this. 

IMG_3801.JPG

IMG_3802.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3804.jpg

I take it that 678 is counterfeit too?  Those are clearly not manufacturing staples.  But that's not exactly something people ask for pictures of when assessing the condition of a modern.  I've seen counterfeit versions of both of these books on ebay this year, but these look pretty good if you're just looking at pictures.  The printing quality is very convincing.  If counterfeiting rare, very high dollar modern variants is a thing now, I would imagine asking for pictures of the spine and staples would be a must. 

Since you didn't lose any money in this transaction, do you mind sharing what the "seller" asked for these two books?

-J.