• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

It's still a tough, very uncertain prospect to turn the FF into a film.  Marvel has dropped the title entirely from comics, and it hasn't enjoyed significant success since the Byrne run in the 1980s.  A part of them dropping it was definitely to starve Fox out, but they also said they weren't sure what to do with the title, an idea that does mesh with the low sales it has had over the last decade.

Despite my user ID and the fact that I own a high grade full run of the title, FF isn't my favorite superhero title by a long shot, and they do seem dated.  It's possible to do them well, but very challenging as Tim Story and Josh Trank demonstrated.  I trust Feige to work it out though given that everything he touches turns to gold.  :cloud9:

Edited by fantastic_four

18 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Words cannot express my joy upon reading that. 

Definitely good news! They ruined the public perception of the FF.  One well done movie will fix that! With the FF comes a smorgasbord of heroes and villains that are so important to the rest of the MCU.

the-fantastic-four-villains-u1.jpg

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Awful.  Everyone will regret this Monopoly in the future.  Nothing good ever comes of this. 

So WB owning all the DC IPs also a "monopoly"

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Let the pigs enjoy the slop. 

As opposed to the culinary art Fox has been serving over the years..

20171215_004642.jpg

Actually the entire reason I like the Fantastic Four is that I started collecting comics in 1982, and that was shortly after the Byrne run was ramping up.  I went back and read reprints of the earlier issues only due to Byrne sparking my interest in the group.  So I'm a very special case in being a fan of the group, albeit one that I'm sure a number of you other old fogeys can relate to as well.  :preach:

Having said that, I enjoyed the Waid/Wieringo run on FF just as much as the Byrne run, but the sales of that run weren't particularly high.

Edited by fantastic_four

4 minutes ago, Ares said:

so if they Merge how do they handle the Quicksilvers death?

I expect he stays dead.  The Fox universe just ends after the films currently in production are over, and with it Quicksilver goes away.  Good riddance since he's a cheap copy of Flash, but I did enjoy his two big bullet-time sequences in the last few X-Men films.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:24 AM, fantastic_four said:

:whee:If X-Men and Fantastic Four come back to Marvel within days of The Last Jedi release I'll probably have a nerdgasm so intense my head will implode.  :whee:

gil-head-explode-again.gif

33 minutes ago, Nino_013 said:

So WB owning all the DC IPs also a "monopoly"

As opposed to the culinary art Fox has been serving over the years..

20171215_004642.jpg

It’s beyond the comic movies. 6 major movie studios have become 5. That’s a big deal. Pardon me if I don’t like the mouse and the movies they bring. I’d rather have bad and original than the same product over and over again 

14 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

It’s beyond the comic movies. 6 major movie studios have become 5. That’s a big deal. Pardon me if I don’t like the mouse and the movies they bring. I’d rather have bad and original than the same product over and over again 

Exactly.   Look how terrible the airline industry and internet providers have become with mergers...  Enjoying paying 300  bucks a month to stream disney and marvel movies in a few years.    When you are the only game in town....

btw, net neutrality has been voted away today... doesn't matter what the majority of the people want when the internet providers have a monopoly. 

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Exactly.   Look how terrible the airline industry and internet providers have become with mergers...  Enjoying paying 300  bucks a month to stream disney and marvel movies in a few years.    When you are the only game in town....

btw, net neutrality has been voted away today... doesn't matter what the majority of the people want when the internet providers have a monopoly. 

The problem here is that for many, they see the short term gain, better movies, more comic prices going up

like I said earlier, now with the FF characters and the mutants . Why limit yourself to other 2nd and 3rd tier characters anymore. 

Sure you can make tv shows based on some of the more original characters but no need to make an ant movie now or black panther etc

Marvel has reaquired Spider-Man, FF and the mutants (wolverine, xmen, deadpool) along with its avengers team. 

lets see what happens next 

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

The best about this is Reed Richards will and should take his place as the smartest character in the universe and stark can go to hell 

But Tony Stark will have created all of his technology, to stick with the MCU structure of today.

(: