• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

If CGI fully than right,but we don't know what their plans are as this is Marvel now in charge and not Fox.

Does Marvel have a fully CGI major character?

Like Bosco says it will be 12 to 18 months just for approval,so than add at least 6 months onto that total so we are probably talking at least 2 years for any of these Fox Marvel characters making appearances in a Disney Marvel movie.

So it is to early too tell if the Silver Surfer will be fully CGI.

The Hulk

X-Men Producer Speaks On Crossover With The Avengers

Long-time X-Men franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner, credited on every X-production on both the big and small screen, is open to a crossover with Disney-owned Marvel Studios' Avengers franchise.

"Sure, why not?" Shuler Donner told Rotten Tomatoes during the Television Critics Association winter press tour.

“Look, it’s 18 months [away], so who knows,” Shuler Donner said. “For me, I think [Disney CEO] Bob Iger is one of the smartest men in the country. [Walt Disney Studios Chairman] Alan Horn’s an old friend. [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige was my intern and assistant and then my associate producer on the first X-Men. Kevin and I started the X-Men together, so for me if we work with Kevin, I’m happy.”

Disney agreed to purchase 21st Century Fox's film and television assets for $52.4 billion in December.

Both companies expect the regulatory process around the deal to take 12 to 18 months, after which time Fox's leased Marvel properties — the X-Men, Deadpool, and the Fantastic Four — will be brought into the shared Marvel Cinematic Universe, home to properties like The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Spider-Man.

Feige, now the visionary chief behind Marvel Studios' interconnected franchise, once had a plan for the X-Men that studio Fox opted not to follow. Feige is reportedly eager to utilize the X-Men in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

On 1/5/2018 at 9:18 PM, Key Largo Comics said:
On 1/5/2018 at 6:50 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Does Marvel have a fully CGI major character?

The Hulk

You see him as Bruce Banner though, so the age, appearance, and acting ability of Mark Ruffalo matters.  Having said that, during the times that Galactus stripped away the Silver Surfer's powers we saw him as Norrin Radd, so I'm sure they'd like to pick a voice actor who could play the part in the flesh if that eventually becomes necessary.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/411159-kevin-feige-says-marvel-studios-fox-merger-wont-happen-soon#/slide/1

Kevin Feige:

“I read about it in the press like most people did,” Feige said. “These are big deals, and certainly above my pay grade.”

“The truth of the matter as I understand it is the deal has to be figured out,” said Feige. “There’s been no communication. We’re not thinking about it. We’re focusing on everything we’ve already announced. If and when the deal actually happens, we’ll start to think more about it. Until then, we have a lot to do… It would be years away. We’ve announced everything through 2019, so none of those would be adjusted. I think about it through 2019, through the movies we’ve already shot or are about to start filming. I’m hoping to deliver on everything we’ve promised thus far.”

Wow! It looks like the Fox-Disney deal may not be as locked in as was believed. Comcast may be upping its bid.

Disney's Acquisition Of Fox May Not Be A Done Deal - A New Report Indicates That Comcast May Top Their Bid

A new report by CNBC claims that negotiations are technically still open, and that their own parent company, Comcast, is considering topping Disney's $52.4 billion offer.

Apparently, Rupert Murdock had considered Disney to be the safer option because a partnership with Comcast would have a harder time passing government regulation. That deal would be viewed as being very similar to At&T's attempted acquisition of Time Warner which has faced strong government opposition. But, should AT&T be allowed to buy Time Warner, Fox could well consider Comcast's offer if they do indeed outbid Disney.

Fox President Says Disney Is Better Fit Than Comcast

While speaking at Recode's Code Media event on Monday, 21st Century Fox president and Fox Networks group chairman Peter Rice said he thinks his company is "a great fit for Disney."

"We’ve had a speculation-palooza," said Rice in response to the increased Comcast rumors. While he agreed the Fox assets would be a boon for both corporations, he said he believes Disney would be a better fit and that he's excited about the proposed acquisition.

Without the entertainment assets, "New" Fox will focus on its news and sports coverage lanes, and Rice said he thinks "it will be a more disruptive company than people believe."

He said he isn't sure which company he will end up going with, though he could have a choice. It's rumored that Disney would offer him an executive position after the acquisition, and he admitted he could see himself at the smaller Fox as well. "They are gonna be two amazing companies."

Comcast Moves to Hijack Fox’s Sky Deal With $31 Billion Offer

Approach for U.K. broadcaster complicates deal for Disney to buy assets from 21st Century Fox

Cable giant Comcast Corp. and Walt Disney Co. have brought their chess game over 21st Century Fox Inc. to Europe.

Comcast early Tuesday said it was planning a £22.1 billion ($30.9 billion) offer for Sky PLC, topping a rival bid from Fox to consolidate ownership of the U.K. broadcaster—and moving to peel away one of the most attractive overseas assets that Walt Disney Co. has separately agreed to buy from Fox.

This could lead to some major investors taking action that they could have been paid 16% more for their shared which the Disney Board passed on.

REPORT: Comcast Bid 16 Percent More Than Disney For Purchase Of 21st Century Fox

A new filing on Comcast's attempt to purchase 21st Century Fox reveals that the company bid 16 percent higher for shares of Fox compared to Disney's offer.

Rupert Murdoch surprised the world this past December when he announced he would be selling his company 21st Century Fox to Disney for a massive $52.4 billion. As fans eagerly await the completion and approval of the purchase of 21st Century Fox by Disney, a new report from The New York Times reveals how  dead set Comcast was on out-bidding Disney. 

Details of Comcast's proposal were disclosed for the first time this week in a 456-page filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The filing revealed that Comcast offered a 16 percent higher per-share offer, partially a result of the company refusing to offer any protections in the event of a regulatory rejection. Rather than the cost of $29.54 per share that Disney ultimately paid, Comcast proposed $34.41 per share last November. 

The SEC filing indicates that Rupert Murdoch and associates were extremely interested in Comcast's bid and were taking the offer seriously until Comcast refused to agree to a breakup fee in the event that the Department of Justice rejected the deal. Disney on the other hand offered a $2.5 billion breakup fee. 

Furthermore, Comcast reportedly had unacceptable plans for divesting any assets that might have been singled out by antitrust regulators, something which was very problematic for Murdoch who ultimately felt that siding with Comcast "carried a qualitatively higher level of regulatory risk, including the possibility of an outright prohibition, than such a transaction with Disney.” Murdoch also believed that Disney was a more strategic fit for Fox assets and Disney stock was more valuable than that of Comcast. 

8 minutes ago, comipop said:

F... off Comacast. Try improving your cable/internet sevices instead. If they made this puchase, they would definitely raise their rates...meh, they will even if they didn't make the purchase.

If I were Fox shareholder I would be happy to see this come out..........

A new report from CNBC indicates that Comcast, which has long tried to acquire assets from 21st Century Fox, could upend the deal offered by the Walt Disney Company. The report indicates that if the United States regulators approve AT&T's acquisition of Time Warner, then Comcast would move forward with an all-cash bid that would top Disney's $52 billion offer of Fox's entertainment assets.

The deal is contingent on AT&T's acquisition, however, as the thought is they could get through the purchase much quicker and have their own deal approved. The problem comes from a telecommunications company owning content creators, which has set off numerous red flags government officials. Comcast already owns NBC Universal, and this would give them a greater stronghold over the TV and film industries.

While Comcast already offered 21st Century Fox a larger sum than what the Walt Disney Company was offering, Fox took Disney's deal because they anticipated less red tape and hassle when it came to regulators' approval, partly due to the scrutiny to the AT&T and Time Warner acquisition. Comcast also has plans to acquire all of the assets of United Kingdom broadcaster Sky, including its vast array of sports broadcasting deals. Fox already owns 39 percent of Sky, which would transfer to Disney under the deal, and many analysts saw Comcast's bid as a means of undercutting Disney.

Disney brass has stated they would intend to consolidate Sky ownership under the House of Mouse, which would be unlikely should Comcast's acquisition attempt prove fruitful.

I was wondering if this Sky move by Comcast would impact the bigger deal. So many well-written articles covered this as a hidden concern to the larger deal. Plus, what Fox investor is going to appreciate its board accepting the lower bidder (Disney) due to long-term fit? There are going to be those large investors that demand that NOW money. Not long-term benefits investments.

While as a comic book fan, I'd prefer to see the Fox-Disney deal go through, the reality is Comcast needs Fox a hell of a lot more than Disney does.

And Comcast could still sell/lease back some of the Marvel characters.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

While as a comic book fan, I'd prefer to see the Fox-Disney deal go through, the reality is Comcast needs Fox a hell of a lot more than Disney does.

And Comcast could still sell/lease back some of the Marvel characters.

Agree 100%.  Would love to see all the characters together in one universe but that wouldn't necessarily be an ideal outcome.

Disney would have never made movies like Deadpool and Logan if they originally had ownership of the rights.