• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Only regret is Fassbender.  I really like him as Magneto (and as an actor).  Hopefully they will find a role for him in the MCU.

This is a HUGE loss if he is not retained.

But I also like Evan Peters as Quicksilver, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, James McAvoy as Professor X and Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler has started to grow on me. The rest not so much. Though I think Olivia Munn has potential with the amount of dedication she showed to the role.

Alexandra Shipp tries with Storm. But there is something off about her Ororo when trying to fit her into the source material. But I go back and forth with her.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

This is a HUGE loss if he is not retained.

But I also like Evan Peters as Quicksilver, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, James McAvoy as Professor X and Kodi Smit-McPhee as Nightcrawler has started to grow on me. The rest not so much. Though I think Olivia Munn has potential with the amount of dedication she showed to the role.

Alexandra Shipp tries with Storm. But there is something off about her Ororo when trying to fit her into the source material. But I go back and forth with her.

I disagree on Evan Peters, but I also think that Hoult is really good. He's overshadowed by McAvoy and Fassbender because of how great they both are.

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I disagree on Evan Peters, but I also think that Hoult is really good. He's overshadowed by McAvoy and Fassbender because of how great they both are.

Even in the Apocalypse film, to me, he was a high point. Again.

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I just don't care for him. I liked Johnson a bit better in Age of Ultron.

He's not bad, but it won't bother me even the slightest when the character is re-cast.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I just don't care for him. I liked Johnson a bit better in Age of Ultron.

He's not bad, but it won't bother me even the slightest when the character is re-cast.

In the Avengers comic books Pietro always came across as a jerk to me. Though I loved the stories when him and his sister researched their origins.

avengers185.PNG.91a3d3a1471d85ece6d3d496b584edfd.PNG

For some reason the way Aaron Taylor-Johnson (who I loved as Kick-) was asked to take on this role I just can't appreciate the character as much. Though he definitely had some interesting scenes.

32 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought Aaron Taylor-Johnson was a better Quicksilver actor, but that the Fox X-Men character was better written.

Put Aaron in as the Quicksilver portrayed in the X-Men films, and you win.

9 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I thought Aaron Taylor-Johnson was a better Quicksilver actor, but that the Fox X-Men character was better written.

Put Aaron in as the Quicksilver portrayed in the X-Men films, and you win.

Evan Peters had people raving over his two key scenes across two movies. Even referencing how strong they were in these films.

ATJ's character, unfortunately, had nothing other than he appeared. That's a shame, as he is a solid actor, But between the two, I would go with EP. It is interesting Peters didn't like that they killed off the MCU Quicksilver.

Evan Peters Devastated Over What Happened To Marvel's Quicksilver

"I was devastated by [Quicksilver's death in Age of Ultron], Peters, who reprises his Quicksilver in X-Men: Apocalypse, told Yahoo. "I really wanted that to keep going. I thought it was cool. I don't really know why they killed him of."

Peters looked forward to a little friendly competition as they would push each other to do more with the character. "Oh, they did that with him and that was awesome. Now we've got to try to top that with this," he posited. "It could have been a nice little motivation."

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Evan Peters had people raving over his two key scenes across two movies. Even referencing how strong they were in these films.

ATJ's character, unfortunately, had nothing other than he appeared. That's a shame, as he is a solid actor, But between the two, I would go with EP. It is interesting Peters didn't like that they killed off the MCU Quicksilver.

Evan Peters Devastated Over What Happened To Marvel's Quicksilver

EP's scenes are raved-by just for the content. It's not like he's particularly great as Quicksilver or anything. If you put ATJ's Quicksilver in those scenes - IMO they're much better.

That's just my opinion. X-Men was my 1st comic book property love as a kid. I'm particularly picky about that franchise and its characters. I mean, I'm picky as all hell with everything, but that's neither here nor there...

21 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

EP's scenes are raved-by just for the content. It's not like he's particularly great as Quicksilver or anything. If you put ATJ's Quicksilver in those scenes - IMO they're much better.

That's just my opinion. X-Men was my 1st comic book property love as a kid. I'm particularly picky about that franchise and its characters. I mean, I'm picky as all hell with everything, but that's neither here nor there...

Exactly.

Bosco - this is what I meant. 

As an actor, I think ATJ did more with less. Peters was decent in scenes that were 10x better written than what ATJ had to work with, but nothing spectacular.

Esp. compared to the stuff Peters has shown us he could do in American Horror Story.

27 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Exactly.

Bosco - this is what I meant. 

As an actor, I think ATJ did more with less. Peters was decent in scenes that were 10x better written than what ATJ had to work with, but nothing spectacular.

Esp. compared to the stuff Peters has shown us he could do in American Horror Story.

It's good you both appreciate the ATJ performance more. For me, Pietro is the oddball in Avengers #170 forward (late 1970's). So that persona has stuck with me concerning this character, which is what Evans Peters delivered.

A troubled, abandoned youth who always at least protected his sister.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

In the Avengers comic books Pietro always came across as a jerk to me. Though I loved the stories when him and his sister researched their origins.

avengers185.PNG.91a3d3a1471d85ece6d3d496b584edfd.PNG

He was a jerk in the comics because of how fast his state of mind normally operated. and wasn't he a villain when he first came out?  I was intrigued by the struggle of him having to slow down his own thoughts and actions just to be able to function in a manner that others could comprehend.  Imagine having to deliberately slow down your speech, actions, and thoughts just to be able to interact with everyone you deal with on a daily basis.  In our busy lives and being used to operating in a hurried manner, imagine if you had to type with just 1 index finger on a keyboard or touch screen that only registered one key entry every 2 seconds on one hand when sending an email/txt or had to extend the pronunciation of each word over 5 seconds and then waiting 2 seconds before saying the next word.  Man that would annoy the hell out of me and make me want to not deal with anyone either.

6 hours ago, bane said:

Lets see what other franchise Disney can screw up :banana:

The bitterness of Star Wars fanboys will eventually corrupt every digital screen in the world.

1 hour ago, Comicopolis said:

The bitterness of Star Wars fanboys will eventually corrupt every digital screen in the world.

Probably. I’m a Trekkie though so don’t care! :acclaim:

4 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

To add to the apparently massive cabal of bitter Mandarin fans...

:roflmao:Indeed. That bait and switch really killed off a few brain cells in people who couldn't afford to lose any more.

5 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

:roflmao:Indeed. That bait and switch really killed off a few brain cells in people who couldn't afford to lose any more.

I stand by Iron Man 3, just as I stand by *almost* every Shane Black film.

But it was *extra* sweet to hear the lamentations of fanboys when Mandarin was revealed to be Killian.

Umm...And Liam Neeson / Ducard was Ra's, fools.

Equal misdirection -- and whitewashing of Asian villains to boot.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I stand by Iron Man 3, just as I stand by *almost* every Shane Black film.

But it was *extra* sweet to hear the lamentations of fanboys when Mandarin was revealed to be Killian.

Umm...And Liam Neeson / Ducard was Ra's, fools.

Equal misdirection -- and whitewashing of Asian villains to boot.

I've never understood the hate for Iron Man 3. I read an excellent analysis on here once - it might have been by you - about how the movie was the perfect example of someone suffering from PTSD.