• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I've never understood the hate for Iron Man 3 either.  Much more fun than the second one, which itself wasn't horrible.

That's go you liked it. I find it a letdown after the exciting buildup we were getting one of the classic Iron Man villains to take him on, but in a modernized portrayal as a terrorist. It would have been great to see.

But at least we got 'Hail to the King' as a Marvel One-Shot.

32 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

:roflmao:Indeed. That bait and switch really killed off a few brain cells in people who couldn't afford to lose any more.

So if someone didn't appreciate Iron Man III, they are less smart than those that did? You've come a long ways, baby.

:insane:

37 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I stand by Iron Man 3, just as I stand by *almost* every Shane Black film.

But it was *extra* sweet to hear the lamentations of fanboys when Mandarin was revealed to be Killian.

Umm...And Liam Neeson / Ducard was Ra's, fools.

Equal misdirection -- and whitewashing of Asian villains to boot.

Tricking people with questions. Rejoicing when people are disappointed with a movie portrayal. You are just knocking them out of the park, Gatsby.

emotion01.gif.da9dace78f79a865e3e76770ad7d65e3.gif

But for someone that also claims to want traditional source portrayal (selectively), I would assume you can relate some to those that just wanted to see the traditional Mandarin brought forward at that stage. Especially since he came from the early days of Iron Man, it would have been fun.

I didn't like the twist. That doesn't mean I sit grumbling over it. So I hate to disappoint you. But it was a letdown when wanting that traditional portrayal with the modification being a modern-day terrorist. Could have been cool.

44 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So if someone didn't appreciate Iron Man III, they are less smart than those that did? You've come a long ways, baby.

:insane:

If that's what you've deduced from one sentence, I can't help you, baby.

2 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Never saw the movie, how did quicksilver know a bomb was going off?

I saw the movie, but I don't recall more info being available to him about the bomb other than what you can see in the video.  I don't fully get how he knew, either, other than he was running super-fast to get to the mansion and somehow realized the bomb was going off when he got there.  Maybe he heard it?

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I saw the movie, but I don't recall more info being available to him about the bomb other than what you can see in the video.  I don't fully get how he knew, either, other than he was running super-fast to get to the mansion and somehow realized the bomb was going off when he got there.  Maybe he heard it?

I guess this better-answers the question. I was thinking, "how did Quicksilver know to go there because a bomb was going off?"

He would see the bomb go off before he would hear it, though.

Either way - I am so freaking ashamed that this was how they adapted the Apocalypse character/story. It's so bad. So sad.

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

How would he have heard it?  It was underground and he was wearing headphones.

how did Quicksilver know there was a problem when the explosion's force had not gone beyond the tunnel?

You can hear the 'woosh' sound when he drops the Twinkie. QS was already moving fast at the time and so reacted before anyone else.

quicksilver01.PNG.034b5659f0093082b4b403b55e9e93df.PNG

He can see the explosion. Look closely to the left side of the building(the spot i have marked) . You can see lights there. That's the explosion.

Edited by Bosco685

11 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

No Predator :whatthe:

Predator should have ended after the 1st film. I hope they just stop making them. The last one which I refused to pay to see but did end up watching made me sick. All the others aucked as well including predator 2 don't get me started lol. 

Alien franchise has at least done decent ones after the 1st 2. Promtheus and the latest one were ok. 

43 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Predator should have ended after the 1st film. I hope they just stop making them. The last one which I refused to pay to see but did end up watching made me sick. All the others aucked as well including predator 2 don't get me started lol. 

Alien franchise has at least done decent ones after the 1st 2. Promtheus and the latest one were ok. 

Predators at least was a good movie. That and the first film are definitely worth watching.

If they reference the source material, there are some good stories in all those mini series.

Two other franchises now owned by Disney because of this deal.

Looking forward to what DISNEY has to offer.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90322666/its-official-disney-now-owns-fox

Disney now owns The Simpsons, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, Deadpool, Aliens, Predator, Die Hard, Avatar, Planet of the Apes, Home Alone, Kingsman, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The X-Files, 24, and The Family Guy—just to name a few.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur