• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

It's surprising that a Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie hasn't ever been made, especially now. Much more hugely influential than people give it credit for, it was extremely well written, with great characters and dialogue... it's kind of an Amazing Spider-man of that generation (a teen as the center/hero of it, great emphasis on responsibility and the ramifications of not living up to it, death as a constant). SMG is too old to play the part but...

10 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

It's surprising that a Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie hasn't ever been made, especially now. 

It was made, long before the show.

buffy.jpg

Edited by Darkowl

17 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

Yes, that was BEFORE the TV show. And nowhere near as good as the TV show. I'm talking a NEW movie that's good! :wishluck:

Ooooohhh! I could have sworn you said, "It's surprising that a Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie hasn't ever been made". Just busting your balls. :wink:

Seriously though, I actually liked the movie more than the show. lol I'm with you though, would love to see a full length film get made.

Edited by Darkowl

3 hours ago, Darkowl said:

Ooooohhh! I could have sworn you said, "It's surprising that a Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie hasn't ever been made". Just busting your balls. :wink:

Seriously though, I actually liked the movie more than the show. lol I'm with you though, would love to see a full length film get made.

It wasn't as bad a movie as peope say, but... I liked the show a whole lot more!

7 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Looking forward to what DISNEY has to offer.

What's more to offer?  Season 11 was just out last year, and Gillian Anderson has already said she doesn't want to do more.  Maybe another movie.

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

What's more to offer?  Season 11 was just out last year, and Gillian Anderson has already said she doesn't want to do more.  Maybe another movie.

Most likely a new TV show on Disney`s new streaming service. I would expect though they would have a new cast of younger actors for the show, maybe Duchovny could be convinced to come back as a mentor type role for the younger investigators?

2 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Most likely a new TV show on Disney`s new streaming service. I would expect though they would have a new cast of younger actors for the show, maybe Duchovny could be convinced to come back as a mentor type role for the younger investigators?

It looked like they were going to do exactly that last season, but it never went anywhere, so I suppose they could try it.  It was clear that Lauren Ambrose and Robbie Amell were slated in a few episodes to be the new Mulder and Fox.

GettyImages-533585348_x_files_season_11-

35 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

28 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It looked like they were going to do exactly that last season, but it never went anywhere, so I suppose they could try it.  It was clear that Lauren Ambrose and Robbie Amell were slated in a few episodes to be the new Mulder and Fox.

GettyImages-533585348_x_files_season_11-

That's what I am thinking Disney could do here and not be tied down by the original actors. Use the existing framework and lore, but introduce two new leads with strong acting abilities to make the show intense and interesting again.

In an interview with i09 (I believe yesterday), Kevin Feige stated:

"It’ll be a while. It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time. The slate that we’re building over the next five years [is] not apples to apples. It is two very distinct things and I hope they’ll feel very distinct. But there is a similar mentality going into it, which is ‘How can we continue to tell stories with some of the characters that audiences already know and love in a unique way, in a different way, in surprising way, of which we have a lot of plans and ideas and work already going into it?’ [Then] ‘How can we introduce new characters that even hardcore fans, comic fans, have barely known or barely heard of.’ That’s really exciting too."

Perhaps the recent acquisition will take longer than we think to bear fruit.

8 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

In an interview with i09 (I believe yesterday), Kevin Feige stated:

"It’ll be a while. It’s all just beginning and the five-year plan that we’ve been working on, we were working on before any of that was set. So really it’s much more, for us, less about specifics of when and where [the X-Men will appear] right now and more just the comfort factor and how nice it is that they’re home. That they’re all back. But it will be a very long time. The slate that we’re building over the next five years [is] not apples to apples. It is two very distinct things and I hope they’ll feel very distinct. But there is a similar mentality going into it, which is ‘How can we continue to tell stories with some of the characters that audiences already know and love in a unique way, in a different way, in surprising way, of which we have a lot of plans and ideas and work already going into it?’ [Then] ‘How can we introduce new characters that even hardcore fans, comic fans, have barely known or barely heard of.’ That’s really exciting too."

Perhaps the recent acquisition will take longer than we think to bear fruit.

I read what he noted. But I don't believe Disney would sit back and watch 5 years go by before its newly acquired properties start to bring returns on a $71.3B investment. And especially since Iger already confirmed they are moving forward with Aliens, Avatar, Kingsman and other properties. As solid a run as the MCU can point to, I can't see Iger sitting back and thinking 'Except for the MCU; do what you want!'

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I read what he noted. But I don't believe Disney would sit back and watch 5 years go by before its newly acquired properties start to bring returns on a $71.3B investment. And especially since Iger already confirmed they are moving forward with Aliens, Avatar, Kingsman and other properties. As solid a run as the MCU can point to, I can't see Iger sitting back and thinking 'Except for the MCU; do what you want!'

I agree wth you. I am going to say about 2 to 2 and half years wait. 

Wouldn`t surprise that Galactus/Silver Surfer makes it to the big screen before both X-Men and FF though.

5 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I agree wth you. I am going to say about 2 to 2 and half years wait. 

Wouldn`t surprise that Galactus/Silver Surfer makes it to the big screen before both X-Men and FF though.

Since those two were the MCU targets in 2012 during Fox negotiations over Daredevil, I can't see them hanging back too long without being used.

With this merger completed, will we finally hear soon any plans for the official release of the Star Wars: Despecialized Edition triology with the Fox fanfare intro?

'Star Wars: Despecialized Edition' Restores the Original, Unedited Trilogy

starwarsdespec01.thumb.PNG.ce60d9f880ab41298c6e6f1e2b069a5c.PNG

One fan spent half a decade putting together a high-quality version of the films without Lucasfilm's later edits.

The original Star Wars trilogy has seen a number of changes over the years. The first Star Wars (1977), and its sequels The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983), were famously altered by Lucasfilm and re-released in 1997 as the Star Wars Trilogy Special Edition to tie in with the 20th anniversary of the series. These changes added new scenes, music, edits, and CGI effects. Further changes were later added to the films' DVD and Blu-ray releases in 2004 and 2011.

But for years, fans have been clamouring for a high-quality DVD or Blu-ray release of the original and unaltered Star Wars trilogy.

One such devotee, Petr Harmáček (aka "Harmy"), has spent nearly half a decade pursuing his own long-running saga—to return the first Star Wars trilogy to its former glory. "I wanted to be able to show people who haven't seen Star Wars yet, like my little brother or my girlfriend, the original, Oscar-winning version, but I didn't want to have to show it to them in bad quality," he explained.

And so with the aid of fellow Star Wars fans, he embarked upon creating the "Star Wars Despecialized Edition": a version of the films that restores them to their original theatrical vision—albeit in HD quality—by collating footage from various sources and then combining them into one seamless edit.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Edited by Bosco685

Since the acquisition, Alan Horn has already cut four projects from the studio's slate, and there are probably more cuts to come. So far Disney has closed down development on:

• Mouse Guard
  • News of the World
  • On the Come Up
  • Fruit Loops

These movies came from Fox 2000, the division run by Elizabeth Gabler (via THR). Mouse Guard, which is based on the David Peterson graphic novel series about guardian Mice who defend the realm, was shut down before it started production in May. As for the reasoning why, insiders are saying that Disney thought it was too expensive for a movie they didn't see a franchise in, though the project is also being shopped around to other studios, so we still might see it.

Disney isn't shuttering everything though, as several projects started by former Fox Film President Emma Watts are moving forward, like:

• The Great Game (the Kingsman prequel)
  • Fear Street
  • Steven Spielberg's West Side Story
  • Free Guy
  • Death on the Nile (the sequel to Murder on the Orient Express)

We imagine the other Avatar sequels will also have no issues getting through.

"We are now just only beginning to see how all this consolidation will change how movies get greenlit and made," says a producer involved with a Fox-developed movie. "They are looking at everything."