• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

Disney And Fox Deal Reportedly Close, Could Be Announced Next Week

The deal between Walt Disney and 21st Century Fox may be closer to reality than we thought.

A new report from CNBC suggests that the two sides are close to finalizing Disney's purchase of most of Fox's assets, including the 20th Century Fox movie studio, and that the deal could be announced publicly as soon as next week. The estimated value of the deal is $60 billion.

Rumors that Disney was interested in buying 20th Century Fox began circulating in early November, with the caveat that the on-again and off-again negotiations had stalled. However, reports soon followed that Disney and Fox were talking to each other once again and that Fox was favoring Disney over other suitors.

WOW! That is one heck of a value on the deal.

Now, with that much entertaining control would this clear regulators concerned with a monopoly?

On 12/1/2017 at 8:39 AM, Bosco685 said:

THAT is the big risk here.

Once these characters roll under the Disney umbrella, will the R-Rated drive pull back because it is unfitting to The Mouse?

It's unfitting for characters that were created for all ages, not middle aged men 2c

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Disney And Fox Deal Reportedly Close, Could Be Announced Next Week

WOW! That is one heck of a value on the deal.

Now, with that much entertaining control would this clear regulators concerned with a monopoly?

As stated before intellectual property is different.  Nothing will block this. 

43 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

It's unfitting for characters that were created for all ages, not middle aged men 2c

Fox may still make the R-Rated movies.  Disney will just allow them to do it and collect the check.

Usually I would be worried cause anyone company with too much power is never a good thing, but Fox has their chances with these characters, especially FF and they F it up.  FF will be much better under the Disney Brand.  We can finally get a real Doctor Doom.

I said years ago this sentence sounds good, "Marvel Studios Phase 4 will be Fantastic Four."  :flipbait:

The next 10 years should be everyone in the Marvel Universe against Doctor Doom!

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Fox may still make the R-Rated movies.  Disney will just allow them to do it and collect the check.

Usually I would be worried cause anyone company with too much power is never a good thing, but Fox has their chances with these characters, especially FF and they F it up.  FF will be much better under the Disney Brand.  We can finally get a real Doctor Doom.

I said years ago this sentence sounds good, "Marvel Studios Phase 4 will be Fantastic Four."  :flipbait:

The next 10 years should be everyone in the Marvel Universe against Doctor Doom!

Marvel has done it better than Fox IMHO, but they still haven't been awesome.

Just now, NewWorldOrder said:

What did they fail at besides a couple mediocre movies? Most of their movies are world-wide hits.

Exactly, Disney/Marvel isn't making movies for the small comic book fan-boy market.  They are making movies that will appeal to the largest number of people so they will get the most money back in profits, and based on that they have knocked it out of the park pretty much everytime.

Also I don't see Disney/Marvel pulling back on the "R" rated movies.  Deadpool did what? 13x its budget, that is an unheard of profit, Disney/Marvel cannot afford to dismiss something like that out of hand because of an "R" rating.

7 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

What did they fail at besides a couple mediocre movies? Most of their movies are world-wide hits.

If making money is their only goal ( and it is ) they've done spectacular.

As a fan of most of the characters, I think they've done a mediocre job of portraying most of them on screen.

I kinda feel even if this deal doesn't happen right now its going to happen very soon.  Fox knows they would be foolish not to sell some if not all of their studio properties to Disney. 

Personally if I was Fox I would sell them FF first and milk it as long as they good on the X-men.

4 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Exactly, Disney/Marvel isn't making movies for the small comic book fan-boy market.  They are making movies that will appeal to the largest number of people so they will get the most money back in profits, and based on that they have knocked it out of the park pretty much everytime.

Also I don't see Disney/Marvel pulling back on the "R" rated movies.  Deadpool did what? 13x its budget, that is an unheard of profit, Disney/Marvel cannot afford to dismiss something like that out of hand because of an "R" rating.

You're correct, the movies have been very popular and have made a lot of money. I don't expect them to deviate for their successful formula.

Thank goodness for Hollywood, if they had put a helmet on Thor's head ( just a minor example ) who knows how much money they might've lost :o

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

If making money is their only goal ( and it is ) they've done spectacular.

As a fan of most of the characters, I think they've done a mediocre job of portraying most of them on screen.

Such as?

So far IMO they screwed everyone on Netflix besides DD.  I will agree with that, but not on screen.  No way.

7 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

The question is, what will be the first 'R' Disney Marvel movie?  My money obviously would have been on Punisher, but they already did the TV show.  I'd put my money on Blade now, though my hope would be Moon Knight (though I don't think they NEED to make it 'R').  Other candidates would be Morbius, or a Nick Fury Vietnam War (or possibly Iraq War) prequel.  Rawhide Kid as a Western that has nothing to do with the MCU would be cool too.

If they get Fox stuff, I'd love to see a Dr Doom movie with an R

Edited by revat

1 minute ago, revat said:

The question is, what will be the first 'R' Disney Marvel movie?  My money obviously would have been on Punisher, but they already did the TV show.  I'd put my money on Blade now, though my hope would be Moon Knight (though I don't think they NEED to make it 'R').  Other candidates would be Morbius, or a Nick Fury Vietnam War (or possibly Iraq War) prequel.  Rawhide Kid as a Western that has nothing to do with the MCU would be cool too.

If they get Fox stuff, I'd love to see a Dr Doom movie with an R

Just going to set you straight right now lol   Zero chance of a Doctor Doom R-rated film my friend.

Just now, NewWorldOrder said:

Such as?

So far IMO they screwed everyone on Netflix besides DD.  I will agree with that, but not on screen.  No way.

Really? I don't remember Iron Man being a sarcastic, joke maker in the books ( just one minor example ), as a matter of fact I don't remember most of the characters being sarcastic, joke makers...but that's how the majority of them are portrayed now on screen. (shrug)

Remember how disappointed you were in the Punisher series? That's how I feel about 90% of the Marvel movies.

Really? I don't remember Iron Man being a sarcastic, joke maker in the books ( just one minor example ), as a matter of fact I don't remember most of the characters being sarcastic, joke makers...but that's how the majority of them are portrayed now on screen. (shrug)

Remember how disappointed you were in the Punisher series? That's how I feel about 90% of the Marvel movies.

Yes I remember Iron Man being a B cover boy growing up and the movies made him an A- player.  To me I have disagree with you on that my friend.

The only absolute piece of trash Marvel film to me has been Iron Man 3, the rest have been ok all the way to best in the business.  

Honestly I am just thankful I am actually had fun watching Justice League. That was an early x-mas present. lol

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Yes I remember Iron Man being a B cover boy growing up and the movies made him an A- player.  To me I have disagree with you on that my friend.

The only absolute piece of trash Marvel film to me has been Iron Man 3, the rest have been ok all the way to best in the business.  

Honestly I am just thankful I am actually had fun watching Justice League. That was an early x-mas present. lol

I'm not arguing with their monetary success at all. I would just prefer to see the characters portrayed a little closer to their roots...kind of like you wanted to see Punisher ( I did too ).

5 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I'm not arguing with their monetary success at all. I would just prefer to see the characters portrayed a little closer to their roots...kind of like you wanted to see Punisher ( I did too ).

I think they got Jessica Jones, Spiderman, and Cap the closest.  Ironically, Hawkeye has more jokes in the comics but they made him kinda straight in the movies.