• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney/Fox Talks
3 3

731 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Apparently Comcast may raise their bid to 79 billion. I don't think you can count them out just yet.

So how does bidding work with this kind of $$$.  Can Disney bid $80B?  Or are there certain increments that they have to meet?  Plus, can Fox decline the higher bid?

This whole thing is above my pay gradelol.

2 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Apparently Comcast may raise their bid to 79 billion. I don't think you can count them out just yet.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- Comcast needs this much more than Disney does; and they could still lease comic book characters to Disney a la Sony.

I saw a report today, that not only did Disney offer to pay the $72ish billion for fox, they also agreed to buy the $13 billion debt load it is carrying.  So that is like an $85 billion bid all total.  Has comcast offered to buy the debt as well?  If not then I don't see that potential $79 billion bid winning.

Edited by media_junkie

2 hours ago, Georgie123 said:

Rumor has it that the deal was not going to go through and then Disney added an Amazing Fantasy #15 cgc 9.2 to seal the deal

And just to show everyone, once and for all, that Fox does know how to handle a comic franchise, they would quickly send this off to PGX for a shiny new holder.

15 minutes ago, Key Largo Comics said:

I'm not going to believe it until they sign the papers.  There have been too many "the deal is done" moments only to be not done.

1 minute ago, jason4 said:

Mickey Mouse just pwned Comcast. This is great for marvel fans and comic books. 

Another "I'm not going to believe it until I see it".  In theory it is great to get all the characters in the MCU.  But Fox made some pretty awesome movies that Disney wouldn't have.

1 hour ago, Key Largo Comics said:

It was a troll offer all along, intended solely to extract an extra pound of flesh from Disney.  

DOJ has already approved the buy out. Shareholder meeting on the 27th to make it official.  

Done deal. 

-J.

Fantastic Four return to the page in August and Wolverine returns from the dead to Marvel in September.  You've got to assume both returned so close to each other almost entirely due to this buy.

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I also wonder how this move affects the Aliens, Predator, X-Files and Planet of the Apes franchises because all four would now be owned by Disney?

Would Marvel do their comic books?

hmmm I remember when the Star Wars purchase first happened. Dark Horse still printed the comics for a year or so.

10 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

hmmm I remember when the Star Wars purchase first happened. Dark Horse still printed the comics for a year or so.

Knowing Marvel they might give us a Predator vs Punisher or X-Files meets X-Men comic when they finally do the licenses.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

It is official now X-Men, Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer are coming home!

DISNEY-FOX Deal APPROVED: The X-MEN & FF Are Coming Home

https://www.newsarama.com/41133-official-disney-fox-deal-done-the-x-men-ff-are-coming-home.html

In a meeting Friday morning, shareholders of 21st Century Fox and the Walt Disney Company approved Disney's $71.3 billion bid to tak eover a large portion of Fox's assets, including 20th Century Fox's movie and TV studio.

The U.S. Department of Justice has already approved the transaction.

In separate meetings, shareholders reportedly approved the transaction in sessions that lasted less than 15 minutes each. 

According to Variety, 21st Century Fox CFO John Nallen told shareholders the merger is expected to be completed in the first half of 2019. 

Here's how Disney described how the transaction would affect the Marvel Cinematic Universe when the proposed takeover was officially announced last year:

“The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love...”